Viacom's Swanson Stands for Success
- Winners circle. Willis, Belinda // Business Press;03/28/97, Vol. 9 Issue 48, p8
Reports on the Texas Associated Press Broadcasters' presentation of awards to Fort Worth, Texas-based television stations KXAS Channel 5 and KTVT Channel 11. Best Newscast; Best Spot News Coverage-Station; Best Investigative Report.
- NEW WNBC NUMBERS. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;04/05/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the New York Emmy nominations received by New York City television stations. Total nominations received by WNBC; Nomination tally for WNYW; Guaranty for the victory of the WNET program, 'Egg: The Arts Show' in the two arts programming categories.
- NTV tops Russian TEFI awards. Birchenough, Tom // Variety;5/27/96, Vol. 363 Issue 4, p39
Reports on the recognition given to NTV television station for its achievements in the field of Russian television broadcasting in the May 18, 1996 TEFI awards. List of winners in various categories of television broadcasting.
- Murrow Award goes to CBS' Twin Cities TV station. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;04/05/99, Vol. 129 Issue 14, p27
Reports that television station WCCO of Minneapolis, Minnesota won the regional Edward R. Murrow Award for writing, news series and overall excellence from the Radio-Television News Directors Association. Remarks from Ted Canova, news director of the station.
- Telecasts' numbers vary. Higgins, Bill // Variety;2/10/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 12, p56
Reports on the financial anomaly between what ABC and NBC television networks pay to telecast the Oscars and the Golden Globes in comparison to each show's ratings in the U.S. Amount of payments given by both networks for television broadcast rights in 2001; Details on the scam.
- Nick pals with local kids for kudofest. Osborne, Magz // Variety;10/4/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 7, p30
Reports on the growth of Viacom's Nickleodeon Asia kids channel. Lesson learned by the network from MTV; Recipients of the Kids Choice Awards given by Nickleodeon; Improvement in the channel's advertising.
- Kansas City grabs Emmys. Frohlichstein, Tripp // St. Louis Journalism Review;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 271, p6
2004 was Kansas City's year at the Midwest regional Emmy Awards sponsored by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. Stations from Kansas City grabbed several key awards including best newscast and best anchor. KCTV Channel 5 in Kansas City took best news. In the best anchor...
- Detroit. Hudson, Eileen Davis; Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;10/15/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p16
Focuses on the performance of the television broadcasting industry in Detroit, Michigan in 2001. Acquisitions made by Viacom; Programming of WWJ-TV; Operations of Fox's WJBK station.
- Viacom's Triple Play Reshapes Miami Area. Murphy, Jeremy // MediaWeek;10/1/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p11
Reports on the television stations being operated by Viacom in Miami, Florida. Benefits of consolidating station operations; Challenges posed by operating many stations; Effect of broadcasting the basketball games of the Miami Heat basketball team.