McGrath Helped Make the World Want Its MTV
- McGrath Helped Make the World Want Its MTV. Chunovic, Louis; Donovan, Sharon // Broadcasting & Cable;6/21/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 25, p2A
Features Judy McGrath, president of MTV Networks Music Group and one of the winners of the 2004 Television Century Awards. Role of McGrath in establishing MTV; Responsibilities; Most controversial initiative of MTV.
- creative power. Weill, Sabrina Solin // Cosmo Girl;Nov2002, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p100
Interviews MTV Networks Music Group President Judy McGrath. Her reputation in the music industry; Achievements; Reason for the decision to leave magazines and go to MTV.
- Logo, MTVN Tap Exec Team. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p8
Provides information on executives of Logo, a gay and lesbian channel by MTV Networks Music Group in the U.S. Position held by Herb Scannell in the network; Responsibilities of Lisa Sherman, senior vice president and general manager of Logo; Number of households to be reached by the channel.
- MTV ADDS TO ITS LOGO LAND REAL ESTATE. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/17/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 55, p6
The article reports that the MTV division called MTV Networks Music Group has begun branching out into videogames, original movies on DVD and branded radio networks. Spearheading the effort is Jeffrey B. Yapp, who has taken the new post of executive vice president of MTV Networks Music and Logo...
- Wearing Red, Feeling Blue. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;11/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p43
Summarizes the topics discussed at a dinner held by Women in Cable & Telecommunications (WICT) at the Washington Hilton in Washington, D.C. in November 2004. Impact of the presidential election on the participants of the event; Speech by Suzanne Keenan; Recognition to Judy McGrath as WICT Woman...
- Honors. Hefner, Denise // CableFAX Daily;3/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p4
Reports on the honors given to several telecommunication executives and employees, as of March 2008. MTVN CEO Judy McGrath; Time Warner Cable CEO Glenn Britt; Court TV CEO Henry Schleiff.
- Judy McGrath. Hibberd, James // Television Week;4/10/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p36
The article profiles Judy McGrath, chairman and CEO from MTV Networks. She will be given a 2006 Vanguard Award for Distinguished Leadership in Atlanta, Georgia on April 10. She helped to pioneer the campaign I Want My MTV during her early work at the company. She launched the Marshall Plan for...
- A ROCKIN' ROLE. Higgins, John M. // Multichannel News;4/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 15, Special Section p4A
Profiles Judy McGrath, chairman and CEO of MTV Networks. Reason for her selection as recipient of the Vanguard Award for Distinguished Leadership of year 2006; Career background; Accomplishments of McGrath in cable television programming at MTV.
- Exec Shuffle. // Daily Variety;12/12/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 52, p12
The article reports on career development of executives in the entertainment industry in the U.S. as of December 12, 2005. Larry Blake joins Concord Music Group as senior vice president, business affairs and general counsel. MTV Networks Music Group and Comedy Ad Sales Group appoints Bob Flood...