The Names Behind the Names You Know
- Wearing Red, Feeling Blue. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;11/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p43
Summarizes the topics discussed at a dinner held by Women in Cable & Telecommunications (WICT) at the Washington Hilton in Washington, D.C. in November 2004. Impact of the presidential election on the participants of the event; Speech by Suzanne Keenan; Recognition to Judy McGrath as WICT Woman...
- Honors. Hefner, Denise // CableFAX Daily;3/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p4
Reports on the honors given to several telecommunication executives and employees, as of March 2008. MTVN CEO Judy McGrath; Time Warner Cable CEO Glenn Britt; Court TV CEO Henry Schleiff.
- Goldberg won't dis his own Babyfaces. Keil, Beth Landman; Mitchell, Deborah // New York;10/06/97, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p17
Reports on why Danny Goldberg, chairman of the Mercury Group, left after the presentation part of the fall 1997 event to honor the work of Judy McGrath, MTV president, with the Phoenix House. Reaction of those that attended.
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Hearn, Ted; Brown, Karen; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;9/18/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p39
The article presents an update related to the telecommunication sector in the U.S. as of September 18, 2006. Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) said that 25% of his constituents in West Virginia have no access to any form of broadband. An estimated 15,00 wireless and mobile entertainment industry...
- Passing the torch. // Billboard;10/9/93, Vol. 105 Issue 41, p88
Presents a photograph of MTV executive vice president and creative director Judy McGrath who is honored with the Torch of Liberty Award by the American Civil Liberties Union Foundation of Southern California. McGrath's commitment to human rights; Entertainment lawyer Barry Hirsch as the other...
- HUMANITARIAN HUG. // Variety;6/9/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 4, p59
Reports on the presentation of the Humanitarian of the Year award to Judy McGrath, president of MTV Network Group, given by T. J. Martell Foundation on June 2, 2003 in New York City. Performers during the gala; Attendees of the gala.
- FOR THE RECORD. // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p48
Presents news briefs related to the cable operators industry in the U.S. as of October 2004. Participation of MTVN CEO Judy McGrath in the consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on January 6, 2005; Health condition of Scientific-Atlanta Inc. CEO Jim McDonald; Revenue posted by Concurrent...
- Marketing to Gen-MTV: Evolve or Die. McGrath, Judy // Multichannel News;7/24/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p41
The article presents a speech by Judy McGrath, CEO of MTV Networks, delivered at the Cable Telecommunications Association for Marketing Summit in Boston, Massachusetts. She discusses the present marketing media in the digital age, Internet, new technology and new tools.
- Hero alert! Leive, Cindi // Glamour;Jan2005, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p14
Focuses on the 2004 "Glamour" Women of the Year award presentation and 15th annual celebration at the American Museum of National History in New York City on November 8, 2004. Alicia Key's remarks about her feelings in the presence of her fellow winners; Photographs who award winners; Comments...