95% Opt In To Co-Op's ESPN Deal
- What prevents cable TV from taking off in Brazil? Reis // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Summer99, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p399
Probes the reason preventing cable television from taking off in Brazil. Pervasiveness of broadcast television in Brazil; Discussion of telecommunications policies; Overview of Brazilian broadcast TV's programming; Brazilian's reluctance to adopt emerging technologies.
- SAMPLING OF TECH TERMS FROM EMERGING TECH '04. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p36
Discusses technology terms from the 2004 Emerging Technologies conference of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers in the U.S. All-digital cable network; Midsplit cable bandwidth; Advanced Television Systems Committee Cable Applications Platform.
- SCCI uplink buy. // Televisual;May2005, p55
The article reports that satellite news gathering (SNG) services uplink provider Links 'n' Things has been bought by satellite communications outfit SCC International. It keeps its name and founder Mike Miller stays on until the deal is complete.
- Eutelsat Signs Capacity Agreement with Romanian Channels. // Broadcast & CableSat;2/1/2013, p1
The article offers information on the long-term capacity agreement inked by telecommunications company Eutelsat Communications SA and the three Romanian flagship channels B1 TV, Kanal D and Trinitas TV aimed at obtaining immediate access to the hundreds of cable regional networks and...
- WMAQ, WSNS Team up. Brown, Sandy // MediaWeek;6/16/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p13
Reports on the deal between television news networks WMAQ-TV and WSNS-TV in Chicago, Illinois. Objective of the deal; Benefit that can be gained by both networks from the deal.
- THE AIR. Arlen, Michael J. // New Yorker;10/21/1967, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p173
The article focuses on the accessibility of American mass media and journalism in South Vietnam. Television film, still photographs and words pervade Saigon. The installation of the new cable made phone conversations easier, current and clearer between local bureaus and U.S.-based news...
- CBS, Sinclair Toss Fuel on Retrans Fire. Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;3/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p34
Focuses on the cash-for-retransmission deal of network CBS Corp. with a cable operator in the U.S. Information on how cable operators resisted paying cash for broadcasters' signals; Comments from cable operators on the CBS deal; Estimated number of cable subscribers within CBS...
- DEALS. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/14/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 2, p39
The article features several deals struck in the television broadcasting industry. It offers information about several television stations that are for sale, such as KMOH in Phoenix, Arizona; K35HX in George West, Texas; and WLMT in Memphis, Tennessee. The article provides details of each deal,...
- Deals fly as Discop closes. Nadler, John // Daily Variety;6/23/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 55, p10
Information about the Discop event in Budapest, Hungary is presented. Buyers of television programs from Central and Eastern Europe, Turkey and Israel took part in the event. Cecilia Hazai, managing director of Twin Media, observes that the channels offered specialized programs at the event....