FSN Sues Dish Network
- Fox's sporting chance. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;07/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 29, p23
Focuses on United States-based sports cable television network Fox Sports Net. Network as subsidiary of News Corp.; Network's goal of competing with and surpassing rival ESPN.
- Fox Midwest Drops Were Short Lived. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p12
Focuses on the temporary pull-out of Fox Sports Midwest from cable systems in the U.S. Dispute over rate increase; Failure to reach contractual terms; Details of the conflict.
- Fox sports adds news shows. Umstead // Multichannel News;01/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p58
Reports that Fox Sports Net regional networks will produce and distribute local sport-news shows. Schedule of the shows; Use of local hosts; Production of the shows; Importance of local shows in differentiating Fox from other channels.
- Fox Sports Net Shifts Local-News Telecasts. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/09/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p20
Reports on a revised scheduling format to be implemented by Fox Sports Net in April 2001. Goal of accentuating affiliates' regional appeal; How the show 'Regional Sports Report' incorporates the regional sports network's name and the phrase 'Sports Report'; Strategy of improving the consumer's...
- STATIC. // Sporting News;04/09/2001, Vol. 225 Issue 15, p9
Reports on developments in television coverage of sports in the United States as of April 9, 2001 such as Fox Sports Net's schedule viewed as the best counter-programming possible.
- Fox Sports opens a local office. // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/02/97, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p10A
Reports that cable television network Fox Sports Midwest has opened an office in Indianapolis, Indiana, to expand its advertising base. Contract with the basketball team, Indiana Pacers; Concentration on Market Square Arena.
- YES Sues, While ESPN Hikes Fees. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p3
Focuses on issues related to sports programming costs in the U.S. Setails of the lawsuit filed against MSO by Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network; Increase in the connection rate of ESPN; Accusation for illegally monopolizing the business areas of television-sports.
- He's batting 1.000. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;07/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 29, p24
Focuses on Jeff Shell, president of sports cable television network Fox Sports Net. Shell's part in development of the business concept behind the cable network; Duties and responsibilities.
- Fox Sports Reshapes Its Series Approach. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the television programming projects of Fox Sports Net. Executives hired by the company; Daily talk show developed by the network; Sports-related programs of the company; Strategies in the broadcasting of the programs.