- QVC to join with Rogers in Canada. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/3/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 44, p2
Reports on US-based QVC Inc.'s strategic alliance with Rogers Communications Inc. for television shopping operations in Canada. Launching of a TV shopping service in the United Kingdom called QVC-The Shopping Channel; Formation of a new entity, QVC Co. which will license the QVC trademarks for...
- BIZ...Briefs. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;6/21/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p32
Presents news briefs on the television industry in the U.S. as of June 2004. Sale of rights by Liberty Media International, a spin-off of John Malone's Liberty Media, to raise funds; Status of EchoStar's financial growth; Acquisition of WFLI-TV, a WB affiliate in Chattanooga, Tennessee, by...
- Buyback debt dents Rogers. Tillson, Tamsen // Daily Variety;9/14/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 50, p5
Reports on the announcement of cable operator Rogers Communications Inc. that it is buying back 34 percent of its wireless division in Toronto, Ontario. Effect of the situation on investors; Details of the deal.
- What the Lenders Think. // Rural Telecommunications;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p58
Looks at how lenders and venture capital firms review business plans and financing requests from rural telecommunications firms in the United States. Personal relationship with the potential borrower; Consideration of market demographics and marketing strategies; Focus on financial projections.
- Wireless carriers charge into uncertain future. // Dow Theory Forecasts;5/21/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 21, p1
Forecasts the growth potential of investors despite the decline of telecommunication stocks in the U.S. Growth of global wireless subscribership; Interests of Alltel in wireless operations; Projection of increase of earnings per share of Alltel.
- Liberty to buy Bravo's Film&Arts. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;09/08/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 5, p46
Reports on Liberty Media International Inc.'s acquisition of Film & Arts.
- Liberty takes stakes, all over. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/03/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 14, p36
Reports that Liberty Media International Inc. has purchased stocks of different United States companies.
- Liberty Buys Into Belgium Cable. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p44
Reports on the acquisition of assets of Belgium cargo operator Telenet from Calahan Associates Belgium, by Liberty Media International Inc. (LMI) in 2004. Background on LMI; Information on Telenet; Value of the Telenet stake; Views of analysts regarding the deal between Telenet and LMI.
- TISA-Liberty Latin deal off. Goodman // Multichannel News;09/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p42
Reports on the collapse of merger talks between Argentina-based Liberty Media International Inc. and Spain-based Telefonica International SA.