Would A La Carte Fly in Court?
- Net Neutrality Fight:. // CableFAX Daily;6/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 127, p2
Reports on the e-mails sent by MoveOn.org to the constituents of the senators who voted against the amendment of a net neutrality provision for the telecommunication bill of the U.S. Senate. Number of senators who opposed the legislation; Amount of money allegedly received by Senator John...
- Big John takes charge. Mundy, Alicia // MediaWeek;12/16/96, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p17
Talks about the full review of the telecommunication law by the US Senate Commerce Committee under the leadership of Senator John McCain. Loss of the reelection bid of former Committee chairman Larry Pressler; McCain's agenda as chairman of the Committee; Campaign finance reform as part of the...
- E911 bill dead for year. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;10/05/98, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p1
Reports that the E911 federal-land antenna-sitting bill proposed by United States Senate Commerce Committee Chairman John McCain, was eliminated in September 1998, due conflict over local zoning rights and liability. Opposition faced by the bill; Information on the bill; Comments from McCain.
- On the Hill:. // CableFAX Daily;5/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 102, p2
Reports that the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee will hold a hearing on the draft telecommunication bill on May 25, 2006. Appointment of Senators John McCain and Daniel Inouye as co-chairmen of the hearing; Representatives of Amazon.com and Verizon at the hearing.
- Stevens' plan to kill subcommittee might affect telecom re-write. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;1/17/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the impact of the plan of Senate Commerce Committee Chairman Ted Stevens to eliminate the communications subcommittee on the planned re-write of the 1996 Telecommunications Act in the U.S. List of telecommunication regulations blocked in the U.S. Senate; Implications of the proposal...
- A la Carte Cartel:. // CableFAX Daily;6/29/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 126, p1
Provides information on the implications of Republican Senator John McCain's a la carte amendment for the cable industry in the U.S. in 2006. Comments from Senator Trent Lott on the amendment; Effects of the amendment on video providers; Efforts of the National Cable & Telecommunications...
- Is Senate worth it, McGain? Davis, Lanny // Hill;4/29/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p25
In this article the author discusses U.S. Senator John McCain's role in the Senate.
- McCain's ascension. Mann, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/23/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 4, p31
Reports on the appointment of Senator John McCain as chairman of the Senate aviation subcommittee.
- Fair Weather. // New Republic;6/25/2008, Vol. 238 Issue 11, p2
The author reflects on Senator John McCain's voting record in the U.S. Senate from April 12, 2008 through May 24, 2008. McCain missed 46 consecutive votes in the Senate during that time period, the article states. The author indicates that despite the campaign, McCain has an obligation to cast...