Riding Along With Lance
- He's Retiring but Still Riding the Bike for Discovery. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;4/25/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p2
Reports on the retirement of Tour de France champion cyclist Lance Armstrong. Value of a three-year deal Armstrong's team signed with Discovery Channel; Information on the cyclist's separate deal with Discovery Channel; Involvement of Armstrong in Discovery's health and fitness program.
- Networks Await Cyclist's Plans. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;8/2/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p3
Discusses the implications of the decision of American bicycle racer Lance Armstrong to lessen his participation in bicycle races for his sponsors at Discovery Networks and Outdoor Life Network. Details of Armstrong's plan; Information on the sponsorship deals of Armstrong; Intention of...
- Lance Leaves Discovery, OLN in Limbo. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;8/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p26
Reports on the decision of Discovery Communications Inc. to sponsor Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong and his team in 2005. Offers made by the company to Armstrong under the sponsorship agreement; Remarks from Discovery spokesman David Leavy.
- BOB HILLE'S STARTING 5. // Sporting News;7/1/2005, Vol. 229 Issue 26, p6
The article presents information related to sports. Yankee Stadium is so old and outdated one can't expect it to be functional. History proves that some players are just better on grass, which looks like the first step toward the hard stuff, a Todd Marinovich joke. Bicycle rider Lance Armstrong...
- Discovery's Pitching Lance. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;6/6/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p3
Reports on a marketing campaign launched by Discovery Communications Inc. featuring athlete Lance Armstrong and his cycling team as of June 2005. Key features of the campaign; Purpose of the campaign; Details of the campaign featuring Armstrong.
- Discovery gets in gear with cyclist. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/16/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 51, p5
Reports that Discovery Communications has recruited cycling champion Lance Armstrong as an on-air talent for its Discovery cable television networks. Details of the contract between the company and Armstrong; Plan of Discovery Communications to become the title sponsor of the cycling team of...
- I WAS LANCE'S TEAMMATE. Dzhibilov, Konstantin // Bicycling;May2005, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p120
Presents an article about an encounter with bicyclist Lance Armstrong.
- LAST CALL. // Bicycling;Aug2005, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p54
Features cyclist Lance Armstrong and his retirement plans following the 2005 Tour de France race.
- THE SECRET OF HIS SUCCESS. Strickland, Bill // Bicycling;Aug2005, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p62
Reveals factors that contributed to the success of the career of cyclist Lance Armstrong.