Understanding Urban Hispanic Consumers
- Cable operators eye telephony. Masud, Sam // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Nov99, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p35
Reports on cable television operators' efforts to take advantage of a flexible Internet protocol platform to offer telephony services. Task of upgrading the older coax plant to a hybrid fiber coax; More television channels; Support for two-way voice, data and video communications.
- Picking up speed. Egolf, Karen // Telephony;6/03/96, Vol. 230 Issue 23, p7
Opinion. Focuses on the increased pace by which the Internet, cable television companies and the telephone industry deliver information to American consumers. Cable modem market; Telephone companies' digital subscriber line services; Deployment of cable television's services in large...
- LaGrange Hoists Internet Flag. Donner, JoAnne // Georgia Trend;Jun2000, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p43
Reports on a project by the city of LaGrange, Georgia, to offer free Internet access to its citizens via cable television. Mayor Jeff Lukken's vision to create an online village; International media attention attracted by the project; Industrial development in the city during the 1970s;...
- LaGrange Bridging The Digital Divide. Donner, JoAnne // Georgia Trend;Jun2000, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p48
Reports on a project by the city of LaGrange, Georgia, to offer nearly universal Internet access to its citizens through cable television. Goal to create a population that is proficient with the Internet and technology; Georgia politicians that are touting the program; Number of cable...
- Web extras. // CED;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p33
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication industry in the U.S. The cable industry is being challenged of delivering video over Internet Protocol (IP) networking. Hitachi will sponsor a webinar that will demonstrate the deployment of fiber access technologies that in demand and...
- With Cable's Success Comes Responsibility. // Television Week;5/7/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p22
The author reflects on the Cable Show in Las Vegas, Nevada in May 2007 which provided a time of reckoning for the cable industry in the U.S. He states that the proliferation of high-speed Internet over cable lines or telecommunication companies' fiber-optic lines paved way to the development of...
- Uncommon carrier for unbundling. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;01/18/99, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p116
Focuses on the efforts of politician Tim Sandos to lobby for the accessibility of the Internet to cable network operators in the United States. Political connections; Motive in proposal for Internet unbundling; Opposition to proposal by telephone firms Tele-Communications Inc. and AT&T. INSET:...
- Romania. Oaca, Nicolae // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr2000, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p92
Presents an overview of the telecommunication market in Romania. Growth of mobile telephony operators; Increase in subscriber base; Decrease of tariff of one Internet hour; Cable television restructures.
- Cable still seeking a voice market. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Oct2000, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p34
Reports that more cable operators are planning to get into the voice telephony services market in Asia. Lackluster demand for cable-based voice services in the region; Predicted growth of cable telephony revenues; Economic and regulatory barriers to cable telephony.