HR ON THE FRONT LINES
- Movies on Demand: Breaking Through. // Multichannel News;10/3/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p51
The article reports on the development in the integrated marketing campaign of cable companies in the U.S. that promote Movies on Demand (MOD) category to its subscribers.
- CABLE'S INDIAN SUMMER. Littlejohn, Janice Rhoshalle // Multichannel News;9/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p16
The article focuses on the popularity of the cable television networks during the summer season in the U.S. A study suggests that the industry has achieved its 10th-summer straight win over its broadcast rivals in household share. Despite the industry's success, the author argues that most...
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p39
Presents an update on issues and events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of Aril 2005. Appointment of Marietta Hurwitz at Bravo; Schedule of the 12th Annual Washington Summit organized by the American Cable Association; Promotion of Gerald M. Dash as senior vice president...
- STRIKE FRIGHT HITS TV. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Variety;09/11/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the planned strike of writers and actors in the United States television industry in 2001. Forecast on the possible consequences of the strike to the television industry; Contingency plans of major broadcast networks regarding the strike; Concerns of television executives about the...
- CHEAPER THAN CRACK: Keeping us hooked on TV. Alleva, Richard // Commonweal;10/06/2000, Vol. 127 Issue 17, p17
Presents information on the intervention of politicians in the business and labor disputes of television networks in the United States (U.S.). Information on the dispute between Time Warner Cable Co. and Walt Disney Co.; Comments on the format of several television programs in the U.S.
- In the States. // CableFAX Daily;12/7/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 236, p1
The article presents news briefs on cable TV operators in the U.S. as of December 7, 2005. CMT will launch its video-on-demand service to Charter and Comcast systems. Cox launched Q TV on its digital tier in San Diego, California. Time Warner Cable added the channel CN8 in Philadelphia,...
- After Rita. // CableFAX Daily;9/27/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 187, p1
The article reports on the impact of Hurricane Rita on the cable television industry in the U.S. in 2005. It emphasizes the damages brought by the hurricane to cable companies. Actions taken by Time Warner Cable to recover from the disaster are presented.
- End zone close for cable deal. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;8/31/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the competition among television networks and distributors in the U.S. including the Fios television service of Verizon Communications Inc., Walt Disney Co. and Time Warner Cable Inc. It mentions that the companies have agreed on the framework of a new deal since their...
- Carriage Deals. // CableFAX Daily;3/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p3
Reports on several deals in the cable television industry in the U.S. as of March 16, 2006, including between Time Warner Cable and Jewelry TV.