VH1 Continues to Sow Music/Culture Hybrid
- MTV's unscripted slate: Pranks, 'Posse' and pop. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;4/3/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 64, p1
Reports on MTV's line-up of unscripted program series. `I Love Lucy' style series starring Jessica Simpson; Talkshow for comedian Tom Green; Comments of programming president Brian Graden on the station's emphasis on reality shows.
- MTV keeps it real in many new series. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;05/03/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 46, p5
Reports on a series of reality television programs ordered by the MTV for 2001 summer release. 'Flipped'; Game show 'Who Knows the Band?'; Reality gamer 'Kidnapped'; 'Becoming'.
- It's All About The Battle Royal This Month. // Details;Mar2013, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p84
The article offers information "The Battle Royal," which is a reality shows musical series and a novel.
- Barrymore rewinds '80s vids for VH1. Zeitchik, Steven; Fleming, Michael // Daily Variety;7/31/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 21, p5
The article reports that actress Drew Barrymore will produce the cable series "Clash of the Music Videos," a music video competition show for VH1. The contest involves two contestants who will be given a small money to remake a classic 1980s music video. The stars of the original video will then...
- Music For TV. L. C. // Billboard;5/25/2013, Vol. 125 Issue 20, p8
The article discusses the outcome of a meeting between U.S. Hispanic television (TV) networks, including Univision and Telemundo, regarding the development of Mexican-made and -targeted content and programming for U.S. Hispanics which includes several music reality TV programs.
- Music-based series moves from Vh1 India to new Viacom Eng GEC 'Colors Infinity'. // Radio & Music;7/1/2015, p7
The article reports that Colors Infinity, an English general entertainment channel established by mass media company Viacom Inc., will broadcast music reality shows and talent shows that have previously aired on the cable network Vh1.
- In Defense of MTV's Jersey Shore. Stack, Tim // Entertainment Weekly;1/15/2010, Issue 1085, p16
The article discusses the reality television program "Jersey Shore" which is broadcast on MTV Networks. There has been a lot of controversy facing "Jersey Shore" due to its presentation of women and violence. The reality television show features participants with nicknames Sammi Sweetheart,...
- Mapping the Real World. Salinas, Alejandro // Washingtonian Magazine;Jan2010, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p10
The article focuses on the production of the reality show "The Real World: Washington, DC." It notes that it is the 23rd season of the show which is set in Washington for the first time and will premiere on December 30, 2009. It states that eight strangers, who comprise the show's cast, were...
- Diamond in the Mud. Wallace, Benjamin // New York;9/23/2013, Vol. 46 Issue 28, p42
The article provides an overview of the casting and filming of the reality television show "Buckwild" and the implication of the death of its lead star Shain Gandee to the show's future. Details of how Gandee and his friend Joey Mulcahy were discovered to star in the program are provided. The...