Profit's No Motive for HDTV Rollouts
- Cable HDTV coming. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;05/10/99, Vol. 129 Issue 20, p29
Reports on Time Warner Cable Inc.'s plans to deliver high-definition television (HDTV) to upgraded areas in the United States. Results of Time's HDTV trials in the area; Features of Time's HDTV technology.
- Revving Up Race Fans. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p86
Reports on the advertising campaign of Turner Network Television (TNT) for the promotion of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) races. Shift of the target of its NASCAR advertising campaign from sports fans to racing enthusiasts; Promotional campaigns of TNT sister...
- TECHNOLOGY EDITOR DISCOVERS HIGH DEF ON CABLE TV. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Oct2002, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p116
Talks about the installation of high definition television (HDTV) service offered through Time Warner Cable in New York. Problems with high definition television-capable Scientific Atlanta 2000HD box; Features of the 3100HD cable box; Channels covered by cable-HDTV; Description of movies shown...
- Time Warner Adds HDTV in Houston. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p22
Reports on the plans of Time Warner Cable of Houston, Texas to add up to nine channels of high definition television (HDTV) programming to its digital-cable line-up. Distinction of the HDTV offered by Time Warner from its closest competitors, DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp.;...
- HD in the Big Apple. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);6/23/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p24
Presents information on the high definition television (HDTV) developed by Time Warner Cable in New York City. Amount of rental fee for the television; Details of the publicity designed for HDTV; Decline in the cost of producing programs in HD. INSET: ITS A MYSTERY WHAT WASHINTON WILL DO.
- Advancing HDTV in Europe. Moore, Martin // TVB Europe;Jan2004, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the increasing adoption of high definition television (HDTV)broadcasting in Europe. Success of the operation of Euro 1080; Escalation of flat television sales profit; Facilitation of HDTV film restoration services by leading post production houses.
- REPORT: DRAW EXPECTED IN FORMAT WAR. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;8/20/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p10
The article presents the statements of a recent report by research firm Screen Digest that neither HD DVD nor Blu-ray Disc technology will overtake DVDs. The dueling formats have resulted in dampened consumer appetite for high-definition discs, according to Ben Keen, chief analyst at Screen...
- CABLE WILD FOR NATURE. Dempsey, John // Variety;9/20/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 5, p18
Compares the concept of high-definition programming of cable television networks Outdoor Life Network and Outdoor Channel. Efforts of the networks to promote a nature-friendly television concept; Information on the reality television programs of the networks; Net income of the networks.
- Case Closed. // CableFAX Daily;11/3/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 214, p1
The article reports on the decision of NBCU to add a high definition simulcast to its suspense/mystery cable channel Sleuth in the U.S. in late 2006. Time Warner Cable is its first affiliate which will offer all its digital services. The channel will feature shows such as "Miami Vice" and "The...