La. Utility Polls on Overbuild
- Va. County Calls Cox on the Carpet. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the invitation for Cox Communications Inc. to explain on cable-subscriber complaints following a rebuild in Fairfax County, Virginia. Accounts on the purchase of the system from Media General Cable; Violation of franchise terms by the multiple-systems operator; Concerns of consumers...
- Cox, Knology tap netcool for network monitoring. // CED;Mar2000, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p24
Reports on Cox Communications Inc. and Knology Inc.'s deployment of Micromuse Inc.'s Netcool suite of broadband network management tools. Goal to ensure that both companies get optimum service and customer service support; Reasons for using the Netcool software filters.
- Cut in the middleman. Jacob, Ian // Utility Week;5/10/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p14
Focuses on the installation of broadband network infrastructure by British telecommunication operators. Competition in the telecommunication sector; Application of Internet services in British public utilities; Discussion on the regulation of the telecommunication industry.
- Cox Communications offers DWDM choice. Hardy, Stephen // Lightwave;Feb2005, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p29
Reports on the launch of DWDM system to provide broadband communications service to the residential and service markets by Cox Communications Inc. in Atlanta, Georgia. Features of the system; Performance application of the system; Evaluation criteria for DWDM platform.
- BELLSOUTH, COX RAISE STAKES ON LOUISIANA CITY'S FTTP PLAN. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;11/8/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 22, p10
Describes how incumbent service providers are trying to derail Lafayette Utilities System's plan to build fiber to each of the Louisiana town's approximately 55,000 premises within three years. Lafayette's attempt to capitalize on frustration over incomplete broadband services and recurring rate...
- Home Networking: Comcast Tests, Cox Deploys. Weinschenk, Carl // Communications Technology;Apr2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p12
Discusses how cable engineers are using the broadband technologies to drive services and revenues. Home network offerings of Cox; Percentage of the customers of Cox that are opting for wireless WiFi connectivity in the home; Issue in configuring advanced applications such as File Transfer...
- Switched Digital Video: SDV Comes Here. Robuck, Mike // Communications Technology;Jun2006, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p78
The article describes some of the tools, already available or under development, that can help cable communications operators deploy switched digital video. Examples of such tools exhibited at the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) National Show include the so-called analog...
- 700 MHz auction. T. L. P. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p27
The article focuses on the move of telecommunication companies to invest in getting licenses to segments of the 700 megahertz (MHz) band in the U.S. It says that AT&T and Verizon bid about $16 billion for the 700 MHz band. Meanwhile, Cox Communications Inc. is planning to launch and build its...
- Untitled. // CT Daily;4/24/2013, p1
The article offers brief information several program related to internet services. It mentions that SCTE 130-10 2013-Stream Restriction Data Model, a document related to programmers and operators is published by Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers. It mentions that Connect2Compete...