Comcast's On-Demand Discovery
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;1/13/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p20
Statistics are presented on the Multichannel News Index (MNI) of Multiple-System Operators (MSO) like Comcast, Cablevision, and TimeWarner Cable, Programmers like AMC Networks, CBS, and Discovery Communications, and the Telephone companies AT&T, Sprint Nextel, and Verizon.
- CBS, Sinclair Toss Fuel on Retrans Fire. Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;3/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p34
Focuses on the cash-for-retransmission deal of network CBS Corp. with a cable operator in the U.S. Information on how cable operators resisted paying cash for broadcasters' signals; Comments from cable operators on the CBS deal; Estimated number of cable subscribers within CBS...
- Comcast taking stake in MTN regional net. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/20/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 12, p21
The article reports that cable operator Comcast Corp. has added another service to its sports operations, purchasing a 50% stake in the MountainWest Sports Network (MTN) in the United States. The Salt Lake City, Utah, cable system owned by Comcast will carry the MTN on its expanded-basic service...
- Comcast Stays on the Line In Dropping Its Bid for Disney. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the decision of cable television company Comcast Corp. to drop its acquisition bid for Walt Disney Co. as of June 2004. Reason for dropping the deal; Factors that affect the deal; Opportunities for Comcast and other cable businesses; Reason for the high percentage margin produced by...
- Discovery pans for feevee gold. Bensinger, Ken // Variety;3/29/2004, Vol. 394 Issue 7, pB1
Reports on the celebration of the 10th year anniversary of Discovery Networks Latin America/Iberia in 2004. History of the cable television company; Growth and success experienced by Discovery; Launch of Discovery Health and Discovery Travel & Adventure by Discovery Latin America in mid-2000.
- Rodgers' worlds. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on the reasons given by Johnathan Rodgers on his decision to shift from broadcast to cable television. Appointment of Rodgers as president of Discovery Networks; Attitudes of cable television towards television affiliates; Former broadcast television executives that have transferred to...
- It's Better Than "Stuff Happens.". // Broadcasting & Cable;3/13/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 11, p7
Reports on the rebranding of the The Learning Channel (TLC) cable television network of Discovery Communications. Decline in the ratings of the television programs of TLC; Television series to be launched by the TLC.
- It's a buyer's market. Petrozello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;02/22/99, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p18
Offers a look on the cable networking market in the United States. Factors which contributed to the decline in the number of network companies in the country; Challenges faced by network companies; Investments of Discovery Communications Inc. for the launching of Discovery Health.
- Fun is Not a Drain on the Brain. Myers, Lindsey; Janoff, Barry // Brandweek;7/14/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 27, p33
Focuses on the television advertisements promoting Discovery Channel cable television network. Message of the campaign; Description of each advertisements.