Forget Syndication, Let's Rent Props
- TV coin helps Argentine filmmakers stay in game. Newbery, Charles // Variety;1/16/2012, Vol. 425 Issue 9, p12
The article examines mass media industry finance in Argentina, discussing a trend in which motion picture producers are increasingly producing television programs for that country's public television networks due to the difficulty in obtaining motion picture financing.
- The Producer offset in Focus. Marlow, Julie // Metro;Mar2009, Issue 160, p146
The article offers information on Australia's Producer Offset, which has been for 18 months of full operation for film financing. Tax offset up to 40% of certified Qualifying Australian Production Expenditure (QAPE) has been allowed by the agency in which QAPE will as well acquire 20% from...
- Project Greenlight (TV program). Kelleher, Terry // People;7/7/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p34
Reviews the television program series 'Project Greenlight.'
- WHAT DRAWS PEOPLE TO NONPROFIT WORK? // Nonprofit World;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p40
Focuses on how television producer Bill Mosher was able to create the documentary television series "The Visionaries," which explores the enigma of why people choose nonprofit work. Details of how Mosher came up with the idea to produce the series; Elements identified by Mosher as necessary in...
- IT'S A BLOKESWORLD AFTER ALL. Anisimoff, Luke // Ralph;Jul2004, p44
Offers tips on producing a successful television program from "Blokesworld" producers Ado and Ben Wah. Need to get inspired; Importance of keeping the show real; Development of good ideas; Plan for the future.
- The Good Fight. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;7/5/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 27, p8
Reports on the effort of Public Broadcasting Service to launch a television miniseries that explores and addresses global public health in the U.S. in November 2005. Identity of the creators of the television program; Actions to be taken by the producer of the show to attract public interest...
- Status of women weak on screen, behind scenes in the 1997-1998 prime time TV season. // Media Report to Women;Winter99, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p15
Examines the result of the study entitled, `Employment and Equality: Assessing the Status of Women on Screen and Behind the Scenes in the 1977-98 Prime-Time Season.' Weak on-screen and behind-the-scenes representation of women; Relationship between women behind the scenes and women on screen.
- 'This Far by Faith'. Letofsky, Irv // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/24/2003, Vol. 379 Issue 12, p22
This article presents information on the series 'This Far by Faith: African-American Spiritual Journeys.' It's complex business, and the six hourly episodes on KCET, twice nightly Tuesday-Thursday, at least represent an engrossing start on this twisting story. As a document of history, the...
- Fox's 'Lot' to follow the 'American' way. Scheider, Michael // Daily Variety;2/23/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 40, p10
The article reports on the inauguration of the reality contest television program, "On the Lot," from filmmaker Steven Spielberg in the U.S. The show, aired by Fox Broadcasting Network and centered on amateur filmmakers, would hold an audition episode on May 16, 2007. It is patterned after the...