Tamer 'Sex' Selling for TBS
- PREVIEWS. // Television Week;12/22/2003-12/29/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p1
Presents news briefs on the U.S. television industry as of December 2003. Highlights of the pay-per-view television event "Bon Jovi: Full House, the Concert From the Boardwalk"; Honorees at the 26th Annual Kennedy Center Honors on CBS television network; Number of nominations for the television...
- Turner and NBC Add Games With Jordan's Wizards. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;10/15/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p8
Reports on the changes made by Turner Broadcasting System (TBS) on the prime time telecasts on TNT and TBS Superstation. Addition of Wizards games made by NBC station; Implication of adding Wizards games in the programs.
- A Pity About City. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;2/23/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p38
Comments on the decision of HBO cable television (TV) network to end the TV series "Sex and the City." Number of episodes of the series aired by HBO; Difference between TV shows in cable networks and television networks; Description of the television show "The Sopranos."
- 4 mil try safe 'Sex' on TBS. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;6/17/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 52, p28
Reports on the number of viewers tuned in to the sanitized off-net premiere of the television program "Sex and the City " on TBS cable network in the U.S. Ratings posted by the show; Contribution of marketing efforts in setting basic cable rating records for an off-net series among viewers.
- Script Search. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p50
Reports on the selection of scripted dramas by cable television broadcast networks as of February 2004. Roster of the drama programs of Turner Network Television (TNT); Comments from Steve Koonin, executive vice president and chief operating officer of TNT and TBS, on the original-series...
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p24
Reports on various issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of June 10, 2003. Primetime programming of CNBC; Wimbledon 2002 coverage by Turner Network Television and CNNfn; Contract renewal for the series 'Queer As Folk.'
- Sex and Marketing. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the marketing strategy implemented by cable television network HBO for the launch of the program 'Sex and the City.' From way back, HBO spent heavily on marketing, figuring it was hard enough to get people to pay for basic television and a real leap to have them pay even...
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.
- Salad Days. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p8A
Focuses on daytime programming of cable networks in the U.S. Factors that created a television audience during the daytime; Kinds of shows being presented by cable networks during daytime; Daytime ratings of the cable television industry from, September 23, 2002 to August 24, 2003.