This Just In
- Mum's the word on sell-through as Redstone talks up a rental future. Goldstein, Seth // Billboard;01/31/98, Vol. 110 Issue 5, p77
Focuses on the operation of the Blockbuster Video chain by the Viacom Entertainment Co. Comments of Viacom head Sumner Redstone; Sales of videos through Blockbuster; Efforts of former Blockbuster Chairman Bill Fields; Executive of Blockbuster John Antioco; Financial planning.
- Viacom moves to make Blockbuster IPO real. Morgan, Richard // Variety;05/10/99, Vol. 374 Issue 12, p17
Announces the move of Viacom to commence the spinoff of its Blockbuster video unit on May 6, 1999, through a filing for an initial public offering of a minority stake scheduled in the summer of 1999 in the United States. Decision of Viacom chairman, Sumner Redstone, to refrain from...
- Viacom store focus: Sell-thru, low price. Fitzpatrick, Eileen // Billboard;10/28/95, Vol. 107 Issue 43, p8
Reports on introduction of store concept of lower prices on sell-through product by Blockbuster Entertainment and parent Viacom Incorporated. Details of companies retail plans; Comments from key officials.
- B'buster downplays Viacom in favor of music biz plans. // Billboard;6/11/94, Vol. 106 Issue 24, p70
Reports on Blockbuster's playing down of its merger with Viacom Enterprises at its annual meeting held in June 1994. Decline in the value of Viacom's shares; Blockbuster's expansion plans; Projected revenues from Blockbuster's video venture; Projected sales including music; Amassing a compact...
- Margin Squeeze Hits Pace Shares. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;07/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p102
Focuses on issues affecting the shares of Pace Micro Technology PLC in Great Britain. Plans of the company directors to sell off Pace shares; Impact of the high component prices on the gross margin of the company; Efforts to expand business overseas; Deals made with several major British cable...
- Blockbuster spinoff plan stalled. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;04/28/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p10
Reports that the week ending April 26, 1997 Viacom's bid for investor support of a Blockbuster spinoff was stopped due to the resignation of Bill Fields, chairman and chief executive officer of Blockbuster. Other news which stalled the spinoff plan; Comments from Jessica Reif, an analyst of...
- B'buster deflates Viacom stock. Peers, Martin // Variety;03/31/97, Vol. 366 Issue 9, p41
Reports on the drop in stock price of Viacom Inc. on March 26, 1997 due to warnings issued by trade analysts that the company's earnings for the first and second quarters would be less than expected. Viacom's habit of lowering expectations among investors and analysts; Viacom's issued warnings...
- Viacom spinoff. // Crain's New York Business;11/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 44, p42
Focuses on Viacom Inc. Chairman Sumner Redstone's plan to spin off the United States video rental chain Blockbuster Entertainment.
- Stox Caught On Tape. Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;08/09/99, Vol. 375 Issue 12, p12
Announces the preparation of Viacom to spin off its Blockbuster video rental chain through an initial public offering. How Viacom priced the offering; Comments from Larry Haverty, a fund manager; Predictions of the earnings of Blockbuster; Growth opportunities.