Justice Official Slams VoIP Bill
- TIA Applauds Senate for Passing Resolution Against International Internet Regulation. // Telecom Standards;Sep2012, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p8
The article reports that the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) has appreciated the U.S. Senate for passing a resolution against international Internet regulation.
- Internet taxation downed, but debate not out. Abelson, Jenn // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/30/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 49, p8A
Reports on a legislation passed by the U.S. Senate regarding the ban on Internet access taxes as of December 6, 2001. Specifications of the legislation; Reasons for opposition to the legislation; Benefits of the legislation for Internet businesses.
- Revised Cybersecurity Bill To Get Senate Consideration. // AirGuide Online.com;3/22/2010, p1
The article reports on the re-introduction of a cybersecurity bill in the Senate after being adjusted for the exclusion of a provision that will enable the President to cut off the Internet in times of emergency in the U.S.
- Democrats return home to gripe about `gridlock' // Human Events;10/21/94, Vol. 50 Issue 40, p22
Reports on the proceedings in the US Senate as on October 20, 1994. Information on the passing of the Lobbying Disclosure Reform bill, Campaign Finance Reform bill, California Desert Protection bill and others.
- Congress to the Internet: Shut up. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;2/3/97, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p34
Reports on the process utilized by the United States House of Congress in eliminating some messages coming through the Internet. Volume of E-mail messages per week per individual congressional office; Consigning messages to district headquarters; Information Resources Office.
- Sheriff decries legislative effort to deny crime funds. Cross, Cheri // Inside Tucson Business;2/13/95, Vol. 4 Issue 46, p15
Focuses on the decision of the US Senate to deny state law enforcement agencies in Arizona federal crime funds allocated for the recruitment of more officers. Comments of Pima County sheriff Clarence Dupnik; Crime Control Act of 1994 provision to allow cities and counties in the state to accept...
- How a Law Is Made. // Congressional Digest;Feb28, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p40
The article focuses on the procedure of making a law. First and foremost, the measure is introduced and referred in the House. The copies are deposited in the Document Room of the House, where they are procurable by the members. Secondly, it is considered in the Committee at one of the periodic...
- Bill fostering business growth and trade with Africa passes Senate Finance Committee. // Jet;08/17/98, Vol. 94 Issue 12, p24
Reports that the African Growth and Opportunity Act passed the American Senate Finance Committee. Details on the act; Comments from Karen Fedorko, executive vice president/general manager of MAST Industries Inc.; How the bill will benefit Africa.
- www.wildwest.gov: The Impact of the Internet on State Power to Enforce the Law. Berg, Terrence // Brigham Young University Law Review;2000, Vol. 2000 Issue 4, p1305
Explores the impact of the Internet on how states in the United States (U.S.) enforce their laws to protect their citizens. Jurisprudence of the U.S. Supreme Court on personal jurisdiction; Enforcement of state criminal jurisdiction on Internet-related crimes and problems; Problems faced by the...