The Retailers' Independence Movement
- TRADING BRIEFS. // Pensions & Investments;2/5/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p19
The article presents news briefs related to the securities industry in the U.S. The new New York Stock Exchange hybrid market includes order auto-execution on the NYSE Direct+ platform and also allows floor specialists to interact with its electronic book. Liquidnet Inc. is buying agency...
- NYSE's Hybrid Plan Boosts IT. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;7/26/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p1
Focuses on the plan of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) to integrate the Direct+ hybrid electronic platform into its system. Electronic markets which have already upgraded their listed-securities facilities in response to the NYSE project; Growth of program trading in the stock exchange;...
- WALL STREET WATCH FOR THE WEEK ENDED FEBRUARY 17, 2005. // Home Textiles Today;2/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p25
The article presents information on Wall Street performance of various manufacturers and retailers.
- Safe ways to cash in on today's megadeals. Sivy, Michael; McDonald, Duff J. // Money;Jan1996, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p98
Reports that the value of mergers in the United States amounted to $325 billion in 1995. Eight major deals that traded on the New York Stock Exchange listed.
- Merger mania breaks out among NYSE specialist firms. Wipperfurth, Heike // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/20/98, Vol. 64 Issue 29, p3
Presents information on mergers which has taken place among New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) specialist firms. Definition of a specialist firm; Ranking of the Spear, Leeds and Kellogg company; Plans of a possible merger between the Wagner Stott Mercator LLC and the LaBranche and Company;...
- IN THE MARKETS. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;2/14/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p4
The article focuses on acquisition of New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) by Deutsche BÃ¶rse AG.
- A Direct Appeal. Gasparino, Charles // Newsweek;10/17/2005, Vol. 146 Issue 16, p8
Focuses on billionaire financier Ken Langone, who plans to block the New York Stock Exchange's (NYSE) merger with electronic-trading company Archipelago and make his own bid. Langone's strategy of going directly to NYSE seatholders, who hold the right to buy and sell stocks on the exchange...
- Saks Stock Up On Takeover Probability. Young, Vicki M.; Jones, Nina // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/16/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 126, p2
The article reports that the shares of Saks Inc. rose by 4.2% to close at $12.49 in the New York Stock Exchange trading after Citigroup Inc. issued a research note indicating that a takeover of the retailer is a probability. According to Deborah Weinswig, retail analyst at Citigroup, they are...
- NASDAQ abandons NYSE bid after threat of lawsuit. Wasson, Erik // Hill;5/17/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 66, p12
The article reports that the U.S. antitrust authorities have rejected the takeover of the New York Stock Exchange by its rival the NASDAQ market.