Pensions, Fuel Costs Haunt UAL Recovery
- USDA to support new advanced biofuel production facility. // Delta Farm Press Exclusive Insight;1/31/2012, p3
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to approve a conditional commitment for a 25 million U.S. dollars guaranteed loan to build a biorefinery plant with funding support from USDA's Biorefinery Assistance Program. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack cited...
- Budget 2013: The birth of a British Fannie Mae? Ward, Tony // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);3/20/2013, p6
The article discusses the mortgage-related schemes launched by the British government under the Help to Buy program. It describes an extension of the FirstBuy shared equity scheme that is targeted toward all buyers. The modification of the NewBuy scheme to create a program similar to that of the...
- Government Closing In On Implementing Mortgage Guarantee. Adler, Joe // Credit Union Journal;11/3/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p24
The article reports that the government is nearing the implementation of a proposal to guarantee at-risk mortgage loans in exchange for systematic loan modifications by lenders in the U.S. in 2008. It includes an in-depth analysis of the key features of the proposed mortgage guarantee, as well...
- EC expands MobilCom probe. // RCR Wireless News;7/14/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p15
Reports on the expansion of inquiry proceedings of the European Commission (EC) into MobilCom in July 2003. Value of loans paid to the company covered by guarantees issued by the German federal government; Reason for the need to extend the loan guarantees until 2007; Issue pointed out by EC.
- Letters@usnews.com. MCKENNA, TIM; FISHER, DAVE; SHADE, MICHAEL E. // U.S. News Digital Weekly;9/30/2011, Vol. 3 Issue 39, p24
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to an article about the role of the U.S. government in Solyndra's loan guarantee approval in the September 23, 2011 issue.
- Sorting Out Facts and Fiction in Tarp Plan. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;2/9/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 26, p1
The article presents questions and answers relating to how the remaining $350 billion in the Troubled Asset Relief Program funds may be spent including abandoning loan guarantees, who would run an aggregator bank, and nationalizing banks.
- Default Risk of Government Guarantees in Croatia. Bajo, Anto // Institut za Javne Financije -- Press Releases;10/24/2011, Issue 31, p1
The article presents an overview of the condition of Croatia which has continued to be at a default risk with respect to issued guarantees. It highlights the disturbing economic threats of the country where its outstanding guarantees have increased to a high of 16.6 % of gross domestic product...
- Santa Calls On Chrysler Congress acts to save the automaker from bankruptcy. // Time;12/31/1979, Vol. 114 Issue 27, p14
The article reports on the bankruptcy of Chrysler Corp., the 250-million dollar Lockheed Martin loan guarantee of 1971. It discusses the loan guarantee in saving the largest automaker and manufacturer which includes companies that achieved annual sales of 13.6 billion dollars in 1978. It...
- Questions of compliance that need answers. Atkins, Stephen // Mortgage Strategy;11/3/2008, p11
The article focuses on the uncertainty of customers to brokers' liability for the compliance in lending. These include the challenge that comes in deciding if redress is due to clients and how it should be calculated. Moreover, it also included the questions on how customers be compensated if...