MGM's Win Pays Off For Wall Street Firms
- MGM Mirage and Mandalay Resort Group Set Out to Prove Bigger Is Better. Holly, Tricia A. // Travel Agent;6/21/2004, Vol. 317 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the merger of MGM Mirage and Mandalay Resort Group. Terms of negotiations; Price per share; Benefits of the acquisition on the two companies; Future plans.
- Deal gives giant big share of the Strip. Mihailovich, Steven // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;2/28/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p1
Discusses issues concerning the purchase of casino operator Mandalay Resort Group by MGM Mirage in Nevada as of February 28, 2005. Impact of the acquisition on the operations of MGM; Worth of the hotel buyout; Implication of the enhanced market share of MGM for contractors and suppliers.
- Acquisition will build a giant in the local gaming industry. Mihailovich, Steven // Las Vegas Business Press;6/21/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p1
Focuses on the impact of the acquisition of Mandalay Resort Group Inc. by casino and resort operator MGM Mirage on the gaming industry in Las Vegas, Nevada. Increase in the room rates in the area; Need for the factors to be considered by federal and state regulators that have to approve the...
- MGM - Mandalay deal would create world's No. 1 casino company. // International Gaming & Wagering;Jul2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p8
Reports on an acquisition deal reached by MGM Mirage with Mandalay Resort Group in mid-June 2004, which will create the world's largest gaming and leisure company. Terms of the agreement; Asset portfolio of the combined company; Statement issued by Terry Lanni, chairman and CEO of MGM Mirage,...
- Casino's biggest bet. Heathcote, Andrew; Roberts, Craig // BRW;6/10/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p81
Reports on U.S.-based casino group MGM Mirage's bid to acquire key rival Mandalay Resort Group Inc.
- Gaming stocks turn out to be a deal with the big deal. Mihailovich, Steven // Las Vegas Business Press;7/12/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p11
Discusses the performance of publicly traded gaming stocks for the month of June 2004 in the U.S. Percentage increase gained by the stocks; Average daily share price of the Mandalay Resort Group Inc. for the month; Performance of MGM Mirage in the Applied Analysis Gaming Index for the month.
- Let's make a deal. Holtmann, Andy // Casino Journal;Aug2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p8
Presents an update on business deals of several gaming companies in Las Vegas, Nevada as of August 2004. Information on the Decision of Mandalay Resort Group to accept MGM Mirage's bid for a share in cash to acquire the Las Vegas-based gaming company; Impact of the merger on the gambling...
- LAS VEGAS NEWS. Katz, Roy // Casino International;Mar2005, p32
Provides an update on the gambling industry in Las Vegas, Nevada as of March 1, 2005. Information on the launch of Wynn Las Vegas casino resort; Merger between MGM MIRAGE and Mandalay Resort Group; Donation pledged by William S. Boyd of Boyd Gaming to law school at the University of Nevada.
- Sign-off. Holtmann, Andy // Casino Journal;Apr2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the approval of the merger of MGM Mirage and Mandalay Resort Group by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in 2005. Concern voiced out by the gaming regulators regarding the deal; Response of the FTC through a letter sent to the lawyers of both company on halting the merger;...