M&A Wave Threatening Converts
- Out of the Spotlight. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul2008, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p46
The article focuses on the condition of the hedge funds and its relevance in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) market in the U.S. According to the author, these hedge funds are considered the top drivers for the improvement of the country's M&A. The author also cites the declining prominence and...
- Low volatility stifles funds of hedge funds. Newman, Amanda // Money Marketing;8/18/2005, p20
Reports on the impact of lower levels of volatility in equity markets on the returns for fund of hedge fund managers in Great Britain. Design of funds of hedge funds; Benefits from higher interests rates.
- Markets already reached forecasts for the year. // Inside Tucson Business;7/16/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p23
The article reports on the performance of mutual funds for the second quarter of 2007 in Arizona. It states that despite uneasy state in June, when a sudden jump in long-term interest rates and leveraged hedge fund woes made headlines, equity-oriented mutual funds turned in a strong showing....
- The problem with hedge fund fees. Brown, Rob // Journal of Derivatives & Hedge Funds;Feb2012, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p42
The structure of hedge fund fees is meaningfully flawed. These imperfections are so great that institutional investors will force substantive change over the coming years. The problem arises when the basis on which fees are calculated serves to break the required clean connection between value...
- INDICATORS. // Financial Planning;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p21
Focuses on the business performance of several mutual funds in the U.S., as of July 2004. Percentage aggregate return of hedge funds; Impact of high interest rates on mortgages; Increase in the Transitions index.
- Hedge Funds for Masses Lose Shine as Goldman, Pimco See Outflows. Stein, Charles // Financial-planning.com;6/22/2015, p3
The article discusses investor interest in hedge fund-like mutual funds, which include non-traditional bond funds, alternative stock funds, long-short equity funds and absolute-return funds. Topics covered are the high preference from the masses during the 2008 financial crisis, the recent sharp...
- Will rising interest rates offer clarity to puzzled investors? Barreto, Susan // Invest Hedge;3/23/2015, p1
The article reports that the rising interest rates will offer clarity to investors about the hedge funds. At pension funds, expensive fund of hedge fund (FoHF) fees have been one of the important arguments for going direct. Interest rates, whose post-crisis decline to low rates have helped to...
- J.P. Morgan's DMA Push: The Neovest Deal. Mehta, Nina // Traders Magazine;Sep2005, Vol. 18 Issue 244, p54
Assesses the J.P. Morgan's purchase of privately held Neovest Holdings. Background of Neovest; Role of the acquisition in extending J.P. Morgan's reach into hedge funds; Commitment of J.P. Morgan to independent direct market access; Future plans of the company.
- Asset Manager Consolidation Powers On. MacFadyen, Ken // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/15/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 39, p10
The article focuses on buying a hedge funds in the U.S. According to the author, M&A remains robust and deal makers are expected to be extra cautious when it comes to buying asset managers or even in investing in a minority stake. He added that the first areas that deal makers probe is the...