NAVY LEAGUE NEWS COUNCIL DIGEST
- Best of the best. // All Hands;Sep95, Issue 941, p4
Features the United States Navy's 1995 Sailors of the Year. Chief Quartermaster (SW) Daniel J. Nicholson, Atlantic Fleet Sailor of the Year; Chief Hospital Corpsman (DV) John D. Correa, Pacific Fleet Sailor of the Year; Chief Aviation Storekeeper (AW) Maureen E. Sims, Shore Sailor of the Year;...
- Order of precedence--U.S. Navy. // All Hands;Jan1996, Issue 945, p24
Presents photographs of the types of medals and awards given to members of the United States Navy.
- Shipmates. // All Hands;Nov96, Issue 955, p48
The article presents information on promotions and awards received by the U.S. Navy personnel in 1996.
- The fleet's finest. Helmig, Linda L. // All Hands;Sep97, Issue 966, p36
Presents winners of the US Navy 1996 Sailor of the Year competition. Include US Navy officer Robert W. Betts as Atlantic Fleet Sailor of the Year; Bryan C. Robertson as Pacific Fleet Sailor of the Year; Kevin W. Hall as Naval Reserve Sailor of the Year.
- Aviation safety awardees named. // All Hands;Sep97, Issue 966, p41
Reports on the recipients of the US Navy's top aviation safety awards. Criteria selection for the awards.
- Navy Earns Diversity Award, Tops Leading Companies. Rhonehouse, Michelle // All Hands;Dec2009, Issue 1113, p6
The article announces that the U.S. Navy Region Southwest has received the Award for Diversity from President Barack Obama.
- Environmental awards. // All Hands;Jun97, Issue 962, p42
Names three Navy commands and one individual who received the Secretary of Defense Environmental Security Award for Fiscal Year 1996. Categories in which Naval Surface Warfare Center won; Catherine M. Zielse as winner in the Natural Resources Conservation category.
- 2011 Optimas Award Winners. Henneman, Todd // Workforce Management;Dec2011, Vol. 90 Issue 12, p23
The article announces that the U.S. Navy has received the 2011 Optimas Award for Partnership.
- Shipmates. // All Hands;Jul94, Issue 927, p48
The article announces awards given to U.S. Navy officers including Fire Controlman 1st Class Milton A. Roberts, Chief Aviation Electronics Technician Thaddeus A. Judson Jr., and Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class James Ortiz.
- Cleveland named safest ship. // All Hands;Sep97, Issue 966, p41
Reports on USS Cleveland's receipt of the Commander, Naval Surface Force, US Pacific Fleet and Surface Ship Safety Award. Important role of US Navy ships in security environment.