The 'Great Marianas Turkey Shoot' Stymied Operation A-Go
- The Year in Reveiw 2006. Utz, Curtis A.; Evans, Mark L.; Gordon, Dale J. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p14
The article focuses on the flexibility, skill and power projection capabilities demonstrated by the U.S. Naval Aviation in 2006. It is stated that in addition to combat in Iraq and Afghanistan, carriers, squadrons, and detachments maintained a forward presence, conducted varied operations, and...
- PEOPLE PLANES PLACES. Ball, Jos Dan; Lewis, Josn Brandy // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p30
Presents awards in the naval aviation in the U.S. Presentation of the winners of the 2002 Admiral Flatley Memorial Award; Recipient of the 2003 Naval Education and Training Command Training Excellence; Winners of the 2002 Commander Theodore G. Ellyson Aviator Production Excellence Award.
- Ready to lead, sir! Ketter, Lt. Tim // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Jul99, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p26
Describes an incident in which the wingman of a United States Navy squadron had to assume the lead during a flight to Hawaii after one of the airplanes experienced an electrical fire in the cockpit. Flight brief; Decision by the group to have the wingman lead the troubled plane to a landing in...
- A VICTIM OF ITS OWN SUCCESS? Peterson, Gordon I. // Naval Forces;2005, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p9
Discusses the lessons learned by the U.S. naval aviation from the coalition combat operations in Afghanistan and Iraq. Standards set by U.S. naval aviation for weight of effort, persistence, precision, and joint integration; Growing disparity between the importance of carrier aviation's recent...
- Military Readiness: Management of Naval Aviation Training Munitions Can Be Improved: GAO-01-840. // GAO Reports;7/27/2001, p1
During the last several years, senior Navy officials have testified before Congress on the effects of shortages in training resources on the readiness of aviation units. This report examines one of these resources--ordnance for air-to-ground training--to assess the potential for enhancing Navy...
- In Relentless Pursuit of Excellence: VX-30 Bloodhounds. Hunter, Jamie; Collens, Richard // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p26
Features the U.S. Navy's VX-30 Bloodhounds combat support squadron at Naval Base Ventura County Point Mugu, California. Mission; Types of aircraft under the squadron; Deployments; Involvement in manned test missions.
- Awards. Ball, Dan; Lewis, Brandy // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p34
Lists award recipients in U.S. Navy aviation as of October 2004. Awards won by the warship Harry S. Truman; Pilot Scott Bonz as Commander Naval Air Force Pacific Pilot of the Year; Aviation safety award won by the warship Nimitz and Carrier Air Wing 11.
- RONALD REAGAN DEPLOYS TO NEW HOME. Tuck, Shane // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p36
Reports on the transit of the U.S. Navy's Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier around South America en route to its home port at Naval Air Base Coronado in California. Vessels comprising the carrier's strike group; Bilateral training and air engagement exercises conducted by the strike group with...
- HOW TO MAKE HISTORY. // Naval Aviation News;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p18
The article offers information and significance of the Command Operations Report in the U.S. It is a documentary that provides listing of happenings in the naval aviation. It furnishes writings about command organization, equipment, personnel and operations used in producing written histories as...