Navy Eyes New Kinds of 'Connectors' Between Sea Bases, Forces Ashore
- Task Masters. KHALIFA, DAISY R. // Sea Power;Oct2009, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p46
The article reports on the mission of the U.S. Military Sealift Command (MSC) auxiliary force. It has four mission areas comprising the Naval Fleet Auxilliary Force (NFAF), Special Mission, Prepositioning and Sealift. In addtion, MSC takes on anti-piracy, humanitarian roles while staying true to...
- Land, Ho! Holahan, William // Officer;Jun2006, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p21
The article reports that the United States Navy Expeditionary Combat Command (NECC) at the Navy Amphibious Base Little Creek in Virginia will add operational and tactical land-based capabilities to its strategic sealift and sea-based support operations. A river combat force of three squadrons...
- The American Invasion of Spain. O'Donnell, James P. // Saturday Evening Post;1/28/1956, Vol. 228 Issue 31, p26
The article focuses on a naval air base being constructed by the U.S. Navy in Rota, Spain. It details the implications of the establishment of the naval air base in terms of carrier and naval strategy. A man-made harbor is also being constructed that will be linked intimately with the naval air...
- Strategic Mobility: The U.S. Military's Weakest Link. Hickins, Kenneth E. // Army Logistician;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p34
Argues that high-speed sealift could help the United States military to project land power into a crisis area at the speed and tempo required. Findings from the 2000 Army Science Board study on revolutionary advances in rapidly deployable joint ground forces in the 2015-2025 era; Factors...
- C-20D/G GULFSTREAM III/IV. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p144
Features the C-20D, a U.S. Federal Aviation Administration-certified Gulfstream III aircraft capable of all-weather, long-range, high-speed nonstop transoceanic flight for U.S. Navy. Power plant of the aircraft; Number of crews required; Weight and speed.
- C-37A GULFSTREAM V/V-SP. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p144
Features the C-37A, a Gulstream V aircraft of the U.S. Navy. Capabilities of the aircraft; Power plant of the aircraft; Number of crews.
- C-40A CLIPPER. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p145
Features the C-40 A, a U.S. Federal Aviation Administration-certified of the Boeing 737-700C airliner for the Navy's fleet logistics support mission. Capabilities of the aircraft; Power plant; Speed and weight.
- C-130 HERCULES. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p145
Features the C-130 Hercules aircraft with a medium-sized transport capable for intratheater and intertheater airlift operations of the U.S. Navy. Specifications of the aircraft; Power plant; Dimension of the aircraft.
- F-16 VIPER. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p148
Features the F-16 Viper military plane of the U.S. Navy.