- EDITOR'S NOTE. Barnard, Richard C. // Sea Power;Jun2004, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p4
Focuses on the interest of almost every sector of the U.S. Defense Department on sea basing. Demand of U.S. Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld for mores peed and mobility from each of the military services; Essence of sea basing; Ability of the military to move at high speed through sea basing.
- Navy League Approach to BRAC Makes Everyone a Winner. McNeil, Sheila M. // Sea Power;Jun2004, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p3
Comments on the impact of the next round of Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) on many Navy League councils in the U.S. Efforts of the Defense Department and Navy and Marine Corps to consolidate or close an additional 20 percent of the nation's military installation infrastructure; Approach of...
- Ensuring the Navy's Present and Future Technological Edge. // Defense AT&L;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p2
The article presents an interview with Delores M. Etter, the assistant secretary of the U.S. Navy for Research, Development and Acquisition. Her main role is to provide men and women in the Navy and Marine Corps with weapons, systems, and platforms tat support their missions. She was asked about...
- BRAC Begins. // Army Magazine;Jul2005, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p22
Focuses on the proposed list of base closures and realignments presented by U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld to the Base Realignment and Closure Commission. Recommendations for the relocation of Head quarters and forces command; Consolidation of the Armor and Infantry centers and...
- California continues to be critical component to nation's defense. Ashbum, Roy // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/27/2005, Issue 323405, p31
Reports on the impact of the Military Base Realignment and Closure on the role of California in U.S. national security. Release of the list of military base closures by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld; Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's establishment of a high-level commission on California...
- SECRETARY OF DEFENSE REPORTS ON EXCESS INSTALLATION CAPACITY. // Army Logistician;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p52
Reports that the Base Realignment and Closure process for 2005 took a significant step forward in March 2004 when Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld submitted a force structure plan and infrastructure inventory to Congress in the United States. Need for the closure or realignment of...
- NAVY AND MARINES FLYING HIGH, TOGETHER. Wilson, George C. // National Journal;11/16/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p3408
Forecasts cooperation between the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps leaders in the 21st century. Examples of joint Naval and Marine operations; Developments for the Joint Strike Fighter; Rapport between Admiral Vernon Clark, chief of Naval Operations, and James Jones, commandant of the Marine Corps.
- Marine Corps Mindset. WITTMAN, AMY L. // Sea Power;Sep2015, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p4
The section introduces articles within the issue of "Seapower," including a report on the U.S. Marine Corps, an article by Richard R. Burgess describing the Navy's plans to define the requirements for and procure the LX(R) and the expansion of the Air Ground Combat Center.
- Debarring Questions Over Futenma Airbase. Simpson, Peter // Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus;11/4/2013, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p2
The author calls on the closure of the U.S. Marine Corps' Futenma base in Japan to prevent accidents after a U.S. military heavy-lift helicopter crashed at the Okinawa International University on August 13, 2014. It occurred after former U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld dubbed the base as...