Navy League Approach to BRAC Makes Everyone a Winner
- Defenses Federal Base Closure Program Likely to Include Fort Buchanan. Martínez, Marialba // Caribbean Business;5/12/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p24
The article reports that government and military sources in Puerto Rico and Washington, D.C. are resigned to the fact that Puerto Rico's last military base, Fort Buchanan, will be included on the Department of Defense's 2005 Base Realignment and Closure list. Those seeking to keep Fort Buchanan...
- SEA BASING. Barnard, Richard C. // Sea Power;Jun2004, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on the vision to revolutionized the way the U.S. manages its forces, plan its operations and projects power ashore by the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps officials. Proposal of U.S. Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld for all military services to be able to conduct forcible entry operations...
- Base Closure and Transition in Kandahar Province. Cordova, Noah // Engineer;
The article discusses the brigade base closure efforts of the 562d Engineer Co. in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan. It states that the 562d was initially tasked to close Forward Operating Base Dashtu, a battalion-size base in the Arghandab River Valley. It indicates that the company was also...
- Who's still interested in NSRR? // Caribbean Business;1/15/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p23
Reports on the closure of the Naval Station Roosevelt Roads in Puerto Rico. Withdrawal of the U.S. Navy from Vieques; Petition of the U.S. Army for 150 acres to establish a Joint Reserve Center; Submission of the transfer requests of the federal agencies interested in on-base installations.
- The Military Needs BRAC. Byron, John L. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov2003, Vol. 129 Issue 11, p76
At the end of 2005, the U.S. Congress will take an up-or-down vote on a list of military base realignments and closures, thus completing the decision phase of the process known as Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) 2005. The Navy needs savings that base closures will provide. The BRAC 2005...
- San Diego Saluted in Wake of BRAC Vote. Long, Jessica // San Diego Business Journal;8/29/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p1
Talks about the decision of the Base Realignment and Closure Commission to keep the Navy Broadway Complex off the chopping block from its recommended closures list in San Diego, California. Victory of the region for no major military installation closures; Worth of the local waterfront property...
- Coronado: BRAC Brings Changes to Local Crew. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;10/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p46
The article reports on the effects of the U.S. Navy's modification of its work code on the local citizens in Coronado, California. Due to the 2005 Base Realignment and Closure, the Naval Aviation Depot North Island was merged into the Fleet Readiness Center Southwest, having a total of 4,200...
- Marine Corps Mindset. WITTMAN, AMY L. // Sea Power;Sep2015, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p4
The section introduces articles within the issue of "Seapower," including a report on the U.S. Marine Corps, an article by Richard R. Burgess describing the Navy's plans to define the requirements for and procure the LX(R) and the expansion of the Air Ground Combat Center.
- NAVY AND MARINES FLYING HIGH, TOGETHER. Wilson, George C. // National Journal;11/16/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p3408
Forecasts cooperation between the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps leaders in the 21st century. Examples of joint Naval and Marine operations; Developments for the Joint Strike Fighter; Rapport between Admiral Vernon Clark, chief of Naval Operations, and James Jones, commandant of the Marine Corps.