DRPA Gets Dougherty
- CROSSING THE DELAWARE. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Jan2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p18
The article offers information on the dispute between New Jersey and Pennsylvania regarding the dredging of the Delaware River five feet deeper as proposed by Governor Ed Rendell of Pennsylvania. Delaware River Port Authority which is jointly operated by the two states has not been operating...
- Oregon regulator tapped as Pa. commissioner. Fletcher, Meg // Business Insurance;6/18/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 25, p3
The article reports that Pennsylvania Governor Edward G. Rendell has nominated Joel Ario, the chief insurance regulator for Oregon, to serve as Pennsylvania's insurance commissioner. Ario has been with the Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services since 1994. If confirmed by the...
- Could it be that we are wussies? Or just rude? Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;2/11/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p20
The author reflects on the contention of Pennsylvania Governor Edward G. Rendell about seeing the people in the U.S. becoming weak.
- New Law Toughens Pennsylvania Poaching Penalties. Absher, J. R. // Bowhunting World;Nov2010, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p141
The article reports that Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell signed legislation that increases penalties for poaching wildlife in the Keystone State and sets a minimum fine of 1,000 U.S. dollars and possible jail time for some wildlife-related offenses.
- Philadelphia Mayor proposes budget without funding for state courts. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;01/28/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30319, p1
Reports on the budget proposal of Edward Rendell, Mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Estimated budget for fiscal 1999 at $2.61 billion; Reduction in wage taxes for resident and non-resident workers; Decision to skip funding for state courts; Pledge of additional funding for the city schools.
- Hall of fame. Bissinger, Buzz // Vanity Fair;Feb98, Issue 450, p54
Focuses on Mayor Edward G. Rendell of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and how he rescued the city from bankruptcy. Measures taken by Rendell to help the city; Characteristics of Rendell; Details on activities Rendell participated in to raise funds.
- Sincerely delusional. Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Nov2010, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p6
The author argues against the actions taken by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) to defend Act 44, which required Turnpike to fork over 922 million U.S. dollars annually for transportation projects starting in 2010. He cites the effort launched by Pennsylvania Governor Ed...
- Philadelphia Mayor Ed Rendell 1996 Municipal Leader of the Year. Ward, Janet // American City & County;Nov96, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p28
Profiles Philadelphia Mayor Ed Rendell, `American City & County' periodical's 1996 Municipal Leader of the Year. Reputation; Career history; Civic activities; Achievements.
- SOUND OFF: WHAT YOU SAID. // Central Penn Business Journal;3/5/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p14
The article presents insights to the question on the essentiality of the budget proposal made by Governor Ed Rendell.