Javits Plan Questions
- Pataki's firm hold on constituency has democrats groping for platform. Townsend, Alair // Crain's New York Business;05/25/98, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p9
Opinion. Focuses on Democratic candidates which are running for governor in New York, while highlighting governor George Pataki. Insight on the Business Council of New York States's fund-raising diner in Albany; Reference to the public reaction to the governor's vetoes of funds in spending...
- Pataki's lesson for New York. David, Greg // Crain's New York Business;7/22/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p9
Discusses the issues concerning the status of the political parties in New York. Leadership of Governor George Pataki for the Democratic Party; Comparison between the Republican and Democratic parties in terms of memberships; Preparation of the candidates for the gubernatorial elections.
- Party poopers. Tomasky, Michael // New York;09/07/98, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p16
Focuses on New York's 1998 Democratic nomination for governor. The four candidates; The candidates as lacking world-historical stature and access to money; State party leaders' decision that George Pataki will win, regardless; The campaigns of each of the candidates.
- Workers' comp overhaul likely. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;1/22/96, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the prospects for changes in the workers' compensation system in New York. Efforts of the Democratic Party in the state to reduce employers' costs; New York Governor George Pataki's call for a workers' compensation compromise.
- Maybe Cuomo should wait for 2006. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/31/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 23, p51A
Focuses on the desire of the New York State Democratic Party to send governor George Pataki into retirement in New York. Economic condition of the state under the leadership of Pataki; Charges of former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Andrew Cuomo against the governor; Reason of...
- N.Y. Auto Reforms Proposed. Shoer, Ben // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;04/26/99, Vol. 103 Issue 17, p2
Focuses on the Auto Insurance Reform Package introduced by New York State Assembly Democrats. Reaction of the State Insurance Department of Republican Governor George Pataki on the package; Estimated savings for policyholders that could be derived from the bill; Provision under the bill.
- Another decree from King George. // Human Events;
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's involvement in the ouster of State Senate Majority Leader Ralph Marino.
- Our children must be educated. Farrell Jr. // New York Amsterdam News;01/13/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p13
Comments on the New York government's lack of commitment to funding programs aimed at improving education in the state. Initiation by the New York Assembly of pre-kindergarten funding for children under the LADDER program; Governor Pataki's proposed programs for education.
- We'll toast to that law. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/22/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 30, p10A
Praises the New York state Legislature and Governor George Pataki for passing legislation allowing interstate wine sales. Provision of the law allowing vintners to ship directly to consumers across the state's boundaries; Benefit of the law in establishing an even playing field for wine sales;...