Barry's Back Swinging
- Populism and Promises. JAFFE, HARRY // Washingtonian Magazine;Jan2015, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p17
The author comments on the promise made by Washington mayor Marion Barry to help "the last, the lost, and the least", a noble mission for the development of a Anacostia in Washington where most population lives in poverty and adds the effort of Mayor Anthony Williams for development of Anacostia.
- Fans, critics remember Barry. // South Florida Times;11/27/2014, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p3B
An obituary for Marion Barry, mayor of the District of Columbia is presented.
- Maryland Lawmakers Protest D.C. Councilman's Asian Slur. // India -- West;4/13/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 21, pA2
The article informs about protest of the statement made by former Washington D.C. mayor and City Councilman Marion Barry regarding his derogatory comments about Asian American business owners in the city.
- End Run. Schaffer, Michael // New Republic;4/22/2002, Vol. 226 Issue 15, p20
Comments on the decision of former Washington, D.C. mayor Marion Barry not to run for the Council of the District of Columbia as of April 22, 2002. Reasons of Barry for his decision; Legacy of Barry as mayor; Importance of the race to Barry; Details on the political career of Barry; Information...
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA: Williams Redux? Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p31
Reports on the announcement of Anthony A. Williams to contest for a second term as mayor of Washington D.C. William's belief that he requires more time in office to implement reforms promised by him; Award of credit to Williams for stabilizing the district's financial situation.
- Marion Barry's Son to Run for his Vacant D.C. Council Seat. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;1/7/2015, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p5
The article announces the decision of Marion Christopher Barry, the son of former Washington, D.C. mayor Marion Barry, on January 5, 2015 to run for his late father's former Ward 8 council seat.
- Soccer survey saysâ€¦. Delaney, Arthur // Hill;9/19/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 107, p44
The article reports on the proposed plan for a soccer stadium-centered development at Poplar Point in Anacostia, Virginia. In a survey conducted by Hillscape on August 1, 2007, it showed that 87 percent which is majority of the residents does not want a stadium or many have never heard of the...
- Racism and Entrapment. // ABA Journal;Nov90, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p32
Reports on the drug-possession and perjury case filed against Washington, D.C. Mayor Marion Barry. Defense lawyer's allegations against the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation; Controversy surrounding the case.
- Marion Barry, D.C.'s 'Mayor for Life,' Dead at 78. Thomas-Lester, Avis; Castaneda, Ruben // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;11/26/2014, Vol. 44 Issue 47, p7
An obituary for Marion Barry, mayor of District of Colombia Council, is presented.