THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;6/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31900, p28
Reports on the status of United States legislative bills related to the economy. President George W. Bush's tax cut and economic stimulus plan; American Jobs Creation Act of 2003 and Jumpstart Our Business Act; Bond Financing Renewal Act of 2003; Modification of Qualified Small-Issue Bond...
- Federal Income Tax. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2004, p743
Focuses on U.S. federal income tax legislation. U.S. President George W. Bush's first major tax bill, the $1.35 trillion Tax Relief Act, signed in 2001; The Job Creation and Worker Assistance Act, signed in 2002; Bush's third major tax bill, the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act.
- Remarks in a Discussion in Portsmouth, Ohio. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/20/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 38, p1925
Presents the remarks given by U.S. President George W. Bush during a discussion in Portsmouth, Ohio on September 10, 2004. Strategy of the government to create more jobs in the country; Proposal to change the Tax Code; Ways to promote health education.
- Remarks in Chillicothe, Ohio. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/20/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 38, p1943
Presents a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush during his presidential campaign in Chillicothe, Ohio on September 10, ,2004. Energy plan submitted to the Congress; Proposal to change the Tax Code; Strategy for job creation in the country.
- New law offers tax benefits to construction industry. Horton, Eileen // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/27/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p14
This article reports that U.S. President George W. Bush signed into law the American Jobs Creation Act of 2004. This legislation represents the most significant tax reform in recent history. The law offers tax savings opportunities that could be implemented by companies to maximize its tax...
- Statement on the House of Representatives Action on Tax Relief Legislation May 9, 2003. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/12/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p571
Presents the text of a speech delivered by U.S. President George W. Bush on May 9, 2003, which deals with the approval of a tax relief package that will spur economic growth and help create jobs for workers.
- Acts Approved by the President. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/11/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 23, p873
Presents a list of various acts approved by U.S. President George W. Bush as of June 7, 2001. Veterans' Survivor Benefits Improvements Act of 2001; Fallen Hero Survivor Benefit Fairness Act of 2001; Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001.
- Explaining the Bush Tax Cuts. Bartlett, Bruce // Commentary;
Discusses issues on the tax-reform legislation proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush. Information on the initial tax proposal of Bush in 1999; Modifications made to the tax legislation signed by Bush in June 2001; Provision for the tax proposal signed in May 2003.
- TAX CUTS. Dionne Jr., E.J. // Commonweal;03/23/2001, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p8
Comments on the tax plans of United States President George W. Bush. His efforts to attract the Democratic Party to support his tax bill program; Assessment of his tax bill; Senators which support the bill.