Wichita Seeks County Help to Advance $100M Arena Project
- Subcommittee reviewing urban design principles. Kenyon, Tim // Corridor Business Journal;5/24/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p9
The article reports on the reassessment of the urban design principles in Cedar Rapids, Iowa by the city council subcommittees to consider additional expenses and new developments.
- Development plots served up in SW19. // Estates Gazette;1/14/2012, Issue 1202, p40
The article reports that councilors in Merton are considering development options for the London, England borough.
- La Mesa: Council Seeks Visions of City's Future. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;2/4/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the plan of San Diego, California to host a town hall meeting on February 7, 2008 at seven in the evening at Lemon Avenue Elementary School in California. The meeting will give the residents a chance to express their thoughts on how they envision the future of their city...
- Resort seeks to buy tower. // Planning (14672073);12/11/2009, Issue 1848, p4
The article reports on the plan of the council of Blackpool, England to purchase the town's iconic tower and its winter garden. It states that if the plan will be successful, they will give the tower and the winters garden an overhaul to attract new funding to help regenerate the town of...
- City proposes 4th Ave. rezoning. Engquist, Erik // Crain's New York Business;8/22/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p23
The article reports that New York City will introduce a plan to spur the development of 286 housing units over nine blocks along Fourth Avenue in Brooklyn, while halting a trend of out-of-scale towers on adjacent side streets. When a stretch of Fourth Avenue in Park Slope was rezoned in 2003,...
- Council to tear down Aylesbury. // Building Design;9/23/2005, Issue 1691, p1
Reports on the plan of executives of Southwark Council for the demolition and redevelopment of Aylesbury estate in England. Purpose of redevelopment of Aylesbury; Cost of the plan; Comments of architect Sam Webb on the focus of the move.
- In Chester, recipe for smart growth: Support business parks, cap raw land, keep taxes down and housing affordable. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/22/2003-9/29/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p22
Focuses on the economic plans of Noel Spencer, town councilman in Chester, New York. Emphasis on practicing smart growth and keeping low tax rates; Revision of zoning; Support for the construction of business parks.
- Riverton draft plan envisions city of 66,000 people and 22,000 in 20 years. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/15/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p20
Reports on the efforts of City Council members on working a Draft General Plan to prepare for city's developments in Riverton City, Utah. Plans to provide number of jobs; Expansion of regional commercial, business and industrial parks and other areas; Enhancement of health living for residents.
- City outlines redevelopment payment plan. // Inside Tucson Business;8/4/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the approval of a plan to sell $453 million of bonds in four installments from 2008 to 2014 by the members of the City Council of Tucson, Arizona. Accordingly, this plan is part of the city's aim to move forward on downtown redevelopment. The article also presents the...