NFMA Replies to GFOA Critics on Recommended Best Practices
- Municipal Bond Prices. // Bond Buyer;1/29/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31313, p39
Presents market statistics related to municipal bond prices in the United States. Credit rating of the bonds; Category of the bonds; Price of bonds.
- Midwest bond-watch. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/23/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30834, p24
Reports on bond market developments in the Midwest region of the United States as of February 23, 2000. Revision in Standard & Poor's credit rating for the state of Wisconsin; Approval by Green Bay, Wisconsin, voters of a bond proposal for the city's school system.
- Municipal Yield Curve Flattens a Bit. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;3/4/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33074, p1
The article reports on the market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. The municipal yield curve has flattened a bit after inclining to its steepest slope in decades. According to analysts and strategists, investors grew impatient with the paltry on short- and intermediate-term municipal...
- Welcome to Jacksonville. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;01/18/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31059, p1
Reports on Jacksonville, Florida's entry into the bond market in spring 2001, which experts call an ambitious and aggressive building, renovation, improvement, environmental, and transportation program. Amount of bonds to be issued by the city; Voters' approval of the Better Jacksonville Plan;...
- Housing Market Slowdown Data Allows Munis to Improve. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32433, p2
The article reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in the United States as of July 27, 2006. The market has improved slightly, as fixed-income investors were encouraged by evidence that the anticipated housing market slowdown is finally underway. According to traders, the...
- DASNY Approves $3.24B. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;10/26/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32495, p1
The article reports on the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York's approval of up to $3.24 billion of bond sales at its monthly meeting held October 27, 2006. The bond sales includes up to $2 billion of bonds backed by New York's personal income tax (PIT) revenue. The article reports that...
- IRS: Good News for Beleaguered St. Paul Port Authority Fund. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/09/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30950, p3
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's ruling, which states that future partial payments on Saint Paul, Minnesota Port Authority's Common Revenue Bond Fund would remain tax-exempt. Debt service payments; Authority's decision to withdraw its efforts to restructure the debt.
- Midwest Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;08/09/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30950, p29
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds in the Midwest as of August 9, 2000. Inclusion of funding for additional police officers in Indianapolis Mayor Bart Peterson's budget; Pricing for the Michigan Municipal Bond Authority's one-year revenue notes.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Peacock, Wayne; Vadum, Matthew; Floyd, Daniel F.; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31167, p37
Provides information pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Northeastern States as of June 25, 2001. Connecticut General Assembly's general agreement on a two-year budget; Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation's issuance of revenue bonds; Advance refunding tax-exempt bonds sold by...