Virginia Transportation Board Approves $6.3B Six-Year Plan
- Virginia Transportation Board Plans $156 Million Highway Bond Issue. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;
Reports on the plan of Virginia's Commonwealth Transportation Board to sell revenue bonds to finance the Route 58 Corridor Development program along the state's southern border and projects in the Northern Virginia Transportation District. Amount of bonds to be sold by the board; Securitization...
- Virginia Lawmakers OK Up to &11.5B in Tax-Exempt Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31369, p4
Reports the approval of the state General Assembly on the proposals leading to municipal bond issuance in Virginia. Consideration on the proposed amendments of governor Mark R. Warner to bond bills; Amount of the tax-exempt revenue bonds approved by the bill for transportation projects;...
- Virginia Panel Says No to Governor's $1 Billion Tax Hike Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p3
Reports on the Virginia House Finance Committee's rejection of Governor Mark R. Warner's proposal to raise tax rates over two years. Warner's attempt to help close the state's budget gap and protect its triple-A general obligation bond rating; Proposed alternative to Warner's proposal.
- New $299 Million Road Bond Plan Surfaces in Virginia Legislature. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p4
The article reports on the introduction of a legislation that will authorize Virginia's Commonwealth Transportation Board to use revenue bonds for road projects. The legislation was introduced by Delegate Charles W. Carrico Sr. Proceeds from the sale of the revenue bonds will finance four...
- Board Backs Plan Providing $400M for I-81 in Virginia. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32486, p5
The article reports on the proposed plan to provide $400 million for railroad developments to improve safety on the heavily congested Interstate 81 endorsed by the Virginia Commonwealth Transportation Board. The Board helps set transportation policy voted during a meeting in Roanoke to give the...
- SOUTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;4/12/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33696, p6
A table is presented which provides bonds data of various states in the Southeast U.S. including transportation bonds in Florida, road bonds in Louisiana, and Commonwealth Transportation Board bonds in Virginia.
- Chicago Skyway Bond Proceeds Won't Be Used for Other Projects. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p1
Reports on Chicago, Illinois' decision not to use any of the proceeds from a Skyway toll-backed bond issue to fund transportation projects elsewhere in the city. Legal challenge on the city's use of proceeds from a 1996 issue; Estimated value of the Skyway bond deal.
- With Two Virginia Offerings, Volume Picks Up a Tick. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;5/9/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33513, p4
The article forecasts the performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. for the second week of May 2011. It states that Ipreo LLC and the journal "The Bond Buyer" are expecting a 4.4 billion dollars of new volume of issuance to be priced. Offerings from the Virginia Commonwealth Transportation...
- Frans Sell Well. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p31
Reports on the sale of a multi-million dollar federal highway reimbursement anticipation notes by Governor Mark R. Warner to fund state transportation projects in Virginia.