Bill to Let Troubled California City Issue Trans Gets Stuck in Senate
- Columbus Starts Retail Orders for $279M Five-Part Sale, With BABs. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/4/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33211, p8
The article reports on the start of the retail orders by Columbus, Ohio on 279 million dollars of general obligation (GO) debt that features five series on November 4, 2009. It notes that these five series, include the city's first Build America Bonds and recovery zone economic development...
- Moody's Downgrades Kansas City, Kan. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;2/02/2015, p11
The article reports on the move of the rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. to downgrade its rating to Unified Government of Kansas City and Wyandotte County, in Kansas to A3 from A2 due to budget issues and a high debt burden. The downgrade comes before the issuance of 61-million...
- Bipartisan Committee Announces N.Y. Budget Reform Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/2/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31855, p4
Reports that a bipartisan legislative committee in New York state has approved a budget reform plan. Provisions of the proposed agreement seeking to put an end to chronic failure of the state legislature to adopt a state budget on time; Implications for the state's municipal bonds market.
- Boston Putting $133M Refunding and New-Money Deal into Supply-Starved Market. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p4
Reports on Boston, Massachusetts' plan to enter the competitive market that will consist of new money, current refunding, and advance refunding bonds. Total amount of bonds to be issued by Boston; Terms of the municipal bonds.
- Getting out of our own way. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;03/30/98, Issue 322283, p26
Editorial. Focuses on the meeting aimed to study ways to improve the image of the city of Fresno, California, conducted by the local chapter of the Public Relations Society of American and representatives of the local business community. Damages caused by the problems surrounding the Fresno...
- Why OC GOP Voted 'No' on Budget. Campbell, Bill // Orange County Business Journal;07/03/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p38
Comments on why the Orange County, California Republican Party opposed the state budget passed by the California Assembly. Lack of adequate permanent tax-relief; Undermining of welfare reform; Proposal to increase the car tax.
- Do fiscal rules cause budgetary outcomes? Krogstrup, Signe; W�lti, S�bastien // Public Choice;Jul2008, Vol. 136 Issue 1/2, p123
This paper focuses on the observed empirical relationship between fiscal rules and budget deficits, and examines whether this correlation is driven by an omitted variable, namely voter preferences. We make use of two different estimation methods to capture voter preferences in a panel of Swiss...
- Bill giving GO ability to Virgin Islands waits for Clinton nod. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30753, p5
Reports on the submission of a legislation that would save the Virgin Islands up to five million dollars on its planned $100 million financing to President Bill Clinton for his signature after the United States Senate gave it final congressional approval in October 1999. Provision of the bill...
- California's `super' bond election day. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/06/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30842, p1
Reports that California voters will decide the fate of state and local bonds in a high-stakes election. Impact of the outcome on the state's oldest bond law, the voter threshold for school debt; Predictions that the Republican Party will have the greatest impact on the bond measures.