Munis Unchanged, Treasuries Slide: Data, Fed Led to Week of Declines
- Munis, treasuries get a leg up as Greenspan talk calms market. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;10/30/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30263, p1
Reports on the municipal funds' reaction to soothing comments from US Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan. Higher tax-exempts quoted by some shops in sympathy with Treasuries; Gains posted by municipals, secondaries and the 30-year Treasury bond.
- Munis Finish Little Changed Ahead Of Greenspan Talk, Heavy Supply. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;7/20/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32178, p2
Reports on minimal changes in the municipal bonds due to concerns about the congressional testimony by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan and looming supply weighed on the market, and after the unexpected delay of a much-anticipated $2.9 billion New York State Thruway...
- Greenspan's Inflation Comments Help Drive Up Munis, Treasuries. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31906, p2
Reports that municipal bonds rose and Treasuries soared after United States Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan said inflation was not likely to be a serious concern. Greenspan reaffirmed that changes in interest rates are likely to be "measured"; Investors are speculating that...
- Greenspan: Markets Not Showing Weakness. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/8/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32149, p2
This article focuses on interest rates of municipal bonds. The decline of yields on long-term interest rates as the Federal Reserve Board increased its funds rate target by 200 basis points, while "clearly without recent precedent," does not necessarily signal a weak economy, Fed chairman Alan...
- Munis, treasuries keep upbeat pace ahead of reports, Greenspan speech. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;10/27/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30260, p1
Reports on the boom in the municipal bonds market in the United States. Host of economic testimony and data by US Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan; Volume of tax-exempt bonds and notes slated to hit the market; List of tax-exempt issues launched by companies.
- Munis close up 1/8 point overall. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;07/22/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30440, p1
Reports on the response of the municipal bond market to US Federal Reserve Board's chairman Alan Greenspan's statements before the Senate Banking Committee. Direction of the yield curve; Pricing of the New York State Thruway Authority highway and bridge trust fund bonds and the Triborough...
- Greenspan Talk Warms Markets. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;09/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30480, p1
Reports on the market for municipal bonds in the United States on September 16, 1998. Includes highlights of remarks by Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan before the House Banking Committee; Najor deals in primary and secondary markets.
- Municipals slip, treasuries dip, as market awaits Fed testimony. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;07/22/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30192, p1
Reports on the results of the trading of municipal bonds in the United States, prior to Federal Reserve System Chairman Alan Greenspan's scheduled testimony before the House Banking Committee on July 22, 1997. Total orders for the refunding bonds of New York City; Top yields for retail; Results...
- Greenspan leaves short end waiting for a reason to move. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30195, p6
Reports on the effects of US Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan's Congressional testimony on short-term municipal rates. Possibility of a financial crisis overseas; Demand for variable-rate demand note offerings; Tendency of the stock market to suck up all available cash.