Synthetic Debt Strategy
- Gov. Pataki: Use revenue windfall to allay New York's debt burden. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/15/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30849, p32
Reports on New York Governor George E. Pataki's proposal calling for the use of the state's higher-than-expected revenues to help reduce debt burden until fiscal year 2002. Proposed increase in the funding for the state's Debt Reduction Reserve Fund; Promotion of debt reform in the state.
- New York Gov. Pataki Tightens Fiscal Belt. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31245, p35
Focuses on the spending cuts and debt restructuring order of Governor George E. Pataki in New York. Plans to stabilize the budget of state; Financial assistance from the federal government.
- Pataki Proposes Alternate MAC Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/11/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31696, p1
Reports on an alternative plan proposed by governor of New York George E. Pataki to refinance the debt of New York City's Municipal Assistance Corp, in the first half of August 2003. Overview of the plan; Benefits gained by New York City through this plan; Statements made by the mayor of New...
- Analysts: N.Y. debt needs talking about, but candidate's reforms fall short. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30501, p31
Presents views regarding New York State's debt and proposed solutions by Democrat candidate for governor, Peter F. Vallone. Proposals outlined by Vallone before the Citizens Budget Committee; Comments on Governor George Pataki's general obligation borrowing.
- N.Y. Comptroller: Pataki Should Aim For Better-Qualified Authority Boards. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31957, p3
Reports that New York Governor George Pataki should help improve the governance of the state's largest authorities by appointing qualified individuals to fill a large number of open seats on their boards of directors. Examination of board positions at the state's largest public authorities.
- Pataki proposal calls for more cooperation. Markus, Stuart // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/15/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 24, p20A
Reports on the legislative bill of Governor George Pataki improving the cooperation between the state and local government in New York. Result of the report submitted by the Quality Communities Interagency Task Force; Improvement of farmland protection; Development of the economy.
- LI summit update: Taking a closer look at state regulations. Crosson, Matthew; McMillan, Robert // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/11/95, Vol. 42 Issue 37, p16
Looks at state policies governing the regulatory and development process in Long Island, New York. Direct cost of regulation in New York; Need to improve process of regulation; Pledge by Governor George Pataki to bring regulations under control; Criteria that need to be met before regulatory...
- Pataki spinning wheels on used tire task force. Markus, Stuart // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/02/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p4A
Reports on the alleged inaction of Governor George Pataki in appointing members of special task force on used automobile tire solution in Albany, New York. Deadline for the panel to submit proposed solution; Environmental and health hazards of scrap tires; Potential use of tires as fuel source;...
- Hevesi: N.Y.'s Annual Debt Service Will Balloon to $6B by 2010. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;10/3/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32230, p3
Focuses on the annual report of Comptroller Alan Hevesi on the financial condition of New York. Increase in the outstanding debt of the state in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2005; Intention of the report to provide basic information on trends and spending by the state government to local...