Increasing the Tax Incentives for Conservation Easement Donations -- A Responsible Approach
- Education tax incentives after the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997. Auster, Rolf // National Public Accountant;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p19
Examines the education tax incentives granted by the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997. Tax consequences of the Qualified State Tuition Program; Education U.S. Savings Bonds; Tax treatment of employee educational assistance programs; Penalty-free withdrawals from individual retirement accounts;...
- GOP Tax Bill Provides 'Welfare for the Well-off'. Filner, Rep. Bob // San Diego Business Journal;08/09/99, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p59
Criticizes the tax bill passed by the Republican majority of the United States House of Representatives. Big tax cuts for big businesses and wealthy people in the US; Benefits for middle-class working people and lowest-income households.
- 1997 Tax Reform Alert: Is Your Financial House in Order?? Burgess, Holly // Franchising World;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p32
Points some of the benefits provided by the Tax Relief Act to franchise owners in the United States. Reduction of maximum capital gains tax rate; Additional estate and gift tax savings; Penalty-free withdrawals from Individual Retirement Accounts for qualified higher education expenses;...
- REPORT OF THE CHAIRMAN. // Tax Lawyer;Summer69, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p671
Focuses on developments of the field of tax law in the united States. Limitations on the use of tax benefits and incentives; Imposition of revenue service of across-the-board limitations; Developments with respect to tax courts.
- Putting their money where their mouth is. Cox, Christie; Marchand, Nolan // Outdoor Life;May97, Vol. 199 Issue 5, p104
Reports that the passage of the Clean Water/Clean Air Bond Act in November 1996 will give the New York State $1.75 billion for conservation causes including the cleanup of `brownfields.'
- Eco protection. Rigual, Luis R.; Bustos, Sergio R. // Latin Trade (English);May98, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p23
Reports on the implementation of an environmental law in Brazil which promises to protect natural resources.
- Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003: A Financial Professional's Overview. Harden, J. William; Biggart, Timothy B.; Richmond, Kelly A. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Sep2003, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p36
Provides an overview of the United States' Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 with comments on selected items for financial professionals. Acceleration of previously enacted tax reductions; Growth incentives for business; Alternative minimum tax; Dividends; Capital gains.
- Do Not Let Depreciation Opportunity Slip Away. Blair, Larry S. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Summer2003, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on depreciation allowance created by Job Creation and Worker Assistance Act of 2002 for qualifying Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System property in the U.S. Type of property on which depreciation allowance is available; Guidelines for taxpayers who have qualified for depreciation...
- 106th Congress Adjourns After Negotiated Three Major Tax Acts with President Clinton. Boyd, Harlan // National Public Accountant;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p6
Presents information on some of the tax bills passed by 106th Congress on December 17, 2000 and signed into law by United States President Bill Clinton on December 28, 2000. Provisions of the Installment Tax Correction Act of 2000; Tax provisions contained in the Community Renewal Tax Relief...