Yield Indexes Mixed Following Rally in Treasury, Municipal Markets
- Beige Book Suggests Growth, Prices Gain. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;4/21/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32116, p2
Reports on the continued expansion of business activity in the U.S. Increase of median consumer price index; Intensity of price pressure in many districts; Rise of consumer prices before adjustment for inflation.
- Hot TIPS. // Dow Theory Forecasts;4/26/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 17, p1
Inflation, barely an afterthought for investors in recent years, has quickly become Wall Street's new fear factor. Fueling inflation fears were two reports: a March jobs report showing the addition of more than 300,000 jobs and a March inflation report showing prices up 0.4% excluding energy and...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vadum, Matthew; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;05/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31141, p2
Reports developments related to bonds and bond markets in Washington, D.C. as of May 2001. Report of the Labor Department on the increase of consumer prices; Decrease of permit rates for private housing; Efforts of the Treasury Department to buy back outstanding issues maturing between November...
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov2005, p2
The article presents information on the recent developments related to inflation and prices in the U.S. The Consumer Price Index (CPI) surged up 15.7% in September 2005, the largest monthly rise in overall retail prices in more than 25 years. Energy costs, which accounted for over 90% of the...
- The effects of rounding on the Consumer Price Index. Williams, Elliot // Monthly Labor Review;Oct2006, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p80
The article explains the effects of rounding the Consumer Price Index (CPI) in the U.S. Calculating percent changes in a price index rounded to three decimal places mitigates a problem that can arise when percent changes are based on the same index rounded to a single decimal place. Because the...
- On the Economy. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;01/28/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p21
Comments on various aspects of the United States' economic performance in 2001. Disinflation; Consumer price index; Producer price index; Retail sales; Trade.
- Stay flexible as prices rise. // Money Marketing;8/23/2012, p16
The article discusses the appeal of inflation-linked funds as inflation eases in Great Britain. Inflation-linked funds, which often have exposure to inflation-linked bonds, reportedly aim to protect the value of capital and income from inflation by generating a return consistent with or above...
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);May2000, p7
Discusses the 0.7 percent increase in the Consumer Price Index in March 2000. Role of rising energy prices; Rise in prices in sectors excluding food and energy; Indication from the Consumer Price Index that inflation is on the rise.
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan2003, p2
Reports on trends in U.S. consumer price index and inflation. Increase in food and beverage prices; Decline in apparel and transportation indexes; Trends in housing prices.