- A warm welcome awaits in Dubai. Govindasamy, Siva // Airline Business;Oct2009, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p20
The article reports on the search of airport authorities in Dubai for a foreign airline as the new anchor carrier in the Dubai Al-Maktoum International airport. The intention was announced by vice president of marketing Anita Mehra Homayoun during the 2009 World Route Development Forum in...
- Attention, passengers: Expect flight delays. McIntyre, Kathryn J. // Business Insurance;07/12/99, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p21
Comments on flight delays at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois during the spring and summer of 1999. Canceled flight to Chicago, Illinois from Detroit, Michigan; Delayed flight to Los Angeles, California from Chicago, Illinois; Need for better communication among pilots, ground...
- Passenger totals drop with loss of L.A. flights. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;07/27/98, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p1
Discloses that the loss of several flights to Los Angeles, California has cut the numbers of passengers flying through Tucson International Airport in Tucson, Arizona. Number of passengers for the first half of 1998; Projected increase in passenger traffic in the future.
- X5: ExpressJet opening up five new nonstop destinations from Tucson. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;2/5/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p3
The article reports that five more nonstop destinations will open from Tucson International Airport in Arizona starting April 2, 2007 when a new airline, ExpressJet, launches its service. The airline is said to introduce new airline service in 24 medium-sized cities on routes where no nonstop...
- Southwest Florida SUN & SAVINGS AT. Schwartz, Adele C. // Air Transport World;Jun2005, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p82
Reports on the opening of the Southwest Florida International Airport. Features of the facility; Per-enplaned-passenger charge and landing fee collected by the airport from carriers; Amount spent in the construction of the airport; Benefits provided by the facility to the area's airline industry.
- Looking east. Evans, Christopher // Oregon Business Magazine;Jun2004, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on the operations of Northwest Airlines Inc. at the Portland International Airport in Oregon. Schedules of the airline's flights; Impact of the operation of the airline on the state' tourism industry; Destinations of Northwest.
- Bearskin Adding Flights. // Canadian Aviator;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the addition of flights by Bearskin Airlines to its route between Ottawa and Waterloo International Airport in Ontario. Instead of the usual three flights each weekday, there will now be four flights, and a second flight will be added on Sunday. The service is popular with...
- Betting on New Baiyun. Hill, Leonard // Air Transport World;Jun2004, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p64
Focuses on the Baiyun International Airport in Guangzhou, China. Economic conditions in the Guangzhou Province; Increase in international services; Capacity; Source of fund for the project; Economic benefits of the airport.
- SIA expects to soar to record. Brandler, Emily // Journal of Business (10756124);11/23/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 24, pA1
Reports on the expectation of the Spokane International Airport to reach record-breaking passenger levels. Efforts of the airport management to keep the momentum by pushing airlines to provide more nonstop flights to several key cities; Number of daily departures at the airport; Number of...