- Improving endoscopic resolution and sampling: fluorescence techniques. Ell, C. // Gut;Jun2003 Supplement 4, Vol. 52, piv30
Gastrointestinal tumours are usually associated with a poor prognosis, as most are only diagnosed at an advanced stage. Every effort to improve intraluminal diagnosis in gastroenterology must therefore be aimed at diagnosing gastrointestinal tract tumours at the earliest stage possible.
- Abdominal pain after attempted endoscopic mucosal resection of a right-sided colonic lesion. Sarkar, S.; Tagore, V.; White, D. // Gut;Jan2009, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p33
The article presents a case of 61-year old male suffering from abdominal pain after attempted endoscopic mucosal resection of a right-sided colonic lesion. Prior to the abdominal pain, the patient underwent a routine colonoscopy and a 1.5 cm sessile polyp was found within the caecum. On...
- CALENDAR OF COURSES, SYMPOSIUMS, AND CONFERENCES. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May2006, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p1166
The article presents a calendar of educational events relating to topics on gastroenterology in the U.S. from May 1, 2005 to November 4, 2006. There will be a postgraduate course in the pathology of the gastrointestinal tract, liver and pancreas in Boston, Massachusetts. The University of...
- MANAGEMENT OF ACUTE (NON-VARICEAL) UPPER GASTROINTESTINAL BLEEDING: A REVIEW OF GUIDELINES. Watret, A. // Foundation Years Journal;May2009, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p59
The article provides information on the guidelines offered by the British Society of Gastroenterology Endoscopy Committee for acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding management in Great Britain. It states that management depends on age, severity and cause of the bleeding, endoscopic findings,...
- ABSTRACTS FOR GASTROENTEROLOGISTS. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1965, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p385
Presents several abstracts of studies about gastroenterology. "Diagnosis Experiences With 1,000 Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeders," by Eddy D. Palmer; "Treatment of Advanced Carcinoma of the Sigmoid and Rectum," by John H. Remington; "Colonoscopy-Current Status," by Guy L. Kratzer.
- Question of the Month: Gastroenterology. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan70, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p72
Presents a question related to gastroenterology.
- Editors' Comments. Talley, Nicholas; Richter, Joel E.; Achkar, Edgar // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2004, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p1411
Comments on the impact of the debate about the gastrointestinal (GI) match published in the January 2004 issue of the "American Journal of Gastroenterology" in the U.S. Explanation of Pardi on the dangers in the pursue of the present system; Provision of a comprehensive review of the GI match...
- Questions in Gastroenterology. Hazzi, Charles G. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr1983, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p254
Presents questions on gastroenterology which appeared in the 1983 issue of the "American Journal of Gastroenterology."
- The last page. Hazzi, Charles G. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec1985, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p1024
Provides questions and answers relating to internal medicine.