Arizona's A-Plan Shutdown No Threat to Ratings, For Now
- Nukes go with the growth. // Electric Perspectives;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p8
Reports on Standard & Poor's assessment that nuclear power plant construction in the United States has ended. Estimated number of nuclear plants under construction in other countries; Number of operating nuclear plants in the country; Federal legislation permitting standardization of licensing...
- Germany still sets standard for emergency power. Kollmer, Anton // Modern Power Systems;Sep2014, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p38
The article reports that even though all German nuclear power plants will close by 2022, the approach of Germany to emergency power for nuclear power plants remains influential, notably through the KTA 3702 code, which is employed around the world.
- MICHIGAN: Weathering Plant Closures. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32475, p35
The article focuses on the report released by Standard & Poor's Corp. which outlined ways that local governments in Michigan have managed the impact of layoffs and plant closures of automobile companies. The report stated that municipalities have endured the situation by increasing the laid-off...
- NIMBYs will lead us back to candlelight. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/21/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p39A
Comments on issues related to the closing down of the Indian Point nuclear power plant in the U.S. Campaigns of citizens against the business closure of the Indian Plant; Critics over the pro-utility version of NRC; Depiction of the varied uses of candle companies.
- Consumers nuke plant to close. Defendis, Megan // Crain's Detroit Business;06/16/97, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p37
Reports on the permanent closure of Big Rock Point nuclear power plant in Detroit, Michigan. Who owns the plant; When it will be closed; Reason for the closure.
- BarsebÃ¤ck to close by 2005. // Modern Power Systems;Apr2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the shutdown of the Barseback nuclear power plants in Sweden.
- Breaking up is hard to do. Greek, Dinah // Professional Engineering;06/24/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p14
Reports on a proposed closure and decommissioning of the Dounreay nuclear site in the United Kingdom, due to a number of environmental concerns. Dounreay's role in a highly controversial consignment of nuclear waste which arrived from Georgia; Historical information on the problems surrounding...
- World's oldest nuclear plant is set to close. // International Power Generation;Jul99, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p4
Report plans to close the nuclear power station at Obninsk, Russia in the year 2004.
- INBRIEF. Golden, John; Kang, Crystal // Westchester County Business Journal;
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. as of September 2013 including the 20-year imprisonment and $250,000 fines of Dominick Pietranico and Joseph Sarcinella, both senior citizens of New York over loansharking offenses and plant shutdown of Entergy Corp.'s Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant.