Houston to Competitively Offer $180M of Tans in Online Dutch Association
- State sees tax revenue rise in September. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;10/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p6
Reports on the state tax revenue report by the Senate Fiscal Agency for the 2002 fiscal year in Lansing, Michigan. Total value of the September 2002 taxes; Percentage increase of the tax; Statistics of single-business tax collections and income tax; Contribution of the tobacco tax and education...
- Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. Delport, Rikus // Finance Week;5/31/2002, p4
Comments on the focus of local tax collectors in South Africa on prosperous taxpayers. Reason for the focus on rich taxpayers; Change in the tax collection practice due to pressure from the U.S.; Suggestion for an efficient taxation practice.
- Record Revenue Year. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/24/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32429, p33
The article reports on Massachusetts' projection of revenue collections by about 18.48 billion dollars for the completed 2006 fiscal year. The state would set a new record for tax collections in a single year if the projections are accurate. The record set by the state in fiscal 2005 was 17.08...
- Taxman Goes Begging. Moody, John // Business Mexico;Jun2004, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p64
Identifies flaws in Mexico's tax system. Taxation since the economic liberalization in the 1990s; Tax rates; Problems resulting from low tax collection; Regressive elements to the tax system.
- KANSAS: Revenue Picture Fading. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/10/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33077, p9
The article reports on the tax collection of Kansas. According to Department of Revenue, state tax collections in February 2009 amounted to $239 million, about $12 million less than expected. The latest decline will expect to result in an even larger projected shortfall when the department...
- Limit the uncertainty. Lewy, Jules; Vohrah, Janice; Gentile, Angelo; Chia-Yi Chua // CA Magazine;Apr2006, Vol. 139 Issue 3, p38
The article reports on the issues related to taxation in Canada. Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is the organization authorized to collect tax and put new appraisal on taxpayers. To avoid further reassessment implementation of the CRA, tips must be taken into consideration, the taxpayer must take...
- State tax revenue up again. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;7/21/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p20
The article reports that Michigan tax revenue is continuing to post growth for the fourth consecutive month, with data from the Senate Fiscal Agency showing a 21.7 % increase in June revenue from major taxes compared with one year ago. Included in the rise is higher-than-expected revenue from...
- Some FAQs if you're thinking about buying tax liens. // Inside Tucson Business;2/8/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p6
The article presents questions and answers related to tax lien including the tax liens that are sold, how to buy tax lien certificates and the auction area.
- Tax debtors can beat old penalties, avoid new ones. // South Carolina Business Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the Tax Reprieve Program to be administered by the South Carolina Department of Revenue and Taxation. Number of tax debtors covered by the program; Slogan for the program; Contact information.