Industrial Output Gained in May
- Dallas Fed Finds Factory Activity Still on the March. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33290, p2
The article reports that factory activity in Texas has expanded for the fifth straight month in March 2010.
- Richmond Fed Survey: Manufacturing Slows. // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p2
Reports slowdown in the growth of manufacturing according to a report by the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, Virginia. Decline in new orders and order backlogs; Expectations of manufacturers regarding capacity utilization; Prices of raw materials and finished goods.
- Industrial capacity use declines for third straight quarter. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;6/15/2001, p3
Provides an overview on the industrial production capacity in Canada for the first quarter of 2001. Low production capacity rate of industries; Manufacturing industries with notable decline in capacity use; Factors attributed to the decline in capacity use in manufacturing industries.
- WORK MEASUREMENT IN MANUFACTURING. Nemec, John // Industrial Management;Jul/Aug81, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on the measurement of the production output of employees in the manufacturing industry. Realization of the daywork quotas; Quality control; Elimination of wasted movement. INSET: THE KEY TO PROGRESS IS KNOWLEDGE.
- Multifactor productivity trends in manufacturing industries, 1987-96. Ahmed, Ziaul Z.; Wilder, Patricia S. // Monthly Labor Review;Jun2001, Vol. 124 Issue 6, p3
Analyzes measures for the manufacturing industries in the total manufacturing sector. Overview of the manufacturing sector; Multifactor productivity performance for the largest manufacturing industries; Growth rate of multifactor productivity in manufacturing as a whole.
- Manufacturing survey shows Valley lags behind state. Wenner, Gretchen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/26/2002, Issue 322921, p1
Reports the decline in the productivity of manufacturers in Central Valley, California. Definition of productivity; Increase in the total number of small manufacturers; Average annual sales per employees.
- South Africa: manufacturing production increased by 0,4% in June 2013 compared with June 2012. // African Business News;8/14/2013, p22
The article reports on the growth in the manufacturing production in South Africa as of June 2013.
- South Africa: utilisation of production capacity by large manufacturers was 81,4% in May 2013. // African Business News;8/14/2013, p25
The article reports that utilization of production capacity by large manufacturers in South Africa in May 2013 fell 0.1%, compared to May 2012.
- Customer Requirements. Ward, Sophronia // Quality;Dec2002, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p16
Focuses on the production problems experienced by employees in a manufacturing company. Use of charts in determining productivity levels; Impact of an automatic controlling device; Incorporation of brain teasers in training programs.