Pay up or lose
- Retail changes focus suppliers' attention. Pendrous, Rick // Food Manufacture;Aug2004, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p3
Focuses on Philip Green's failed bid for Marks and Spencer Group PLC. Impact on the retail trade sector in Great Britain; Cost cutting plans of the company.
- M&S at the crossroads. Grundy, Tony // Accountancy;Oct2004, Vol. 134 Issue 1334, p50
Analyzes the decline in the financial performance of Marks & Spencer (M&S) in the retail trade sector of Great Britain. Basis of the retailer's competitive advantage in the 1990s; Changes made to the marketing strategy of M&S during the period of 1998 to 2000; Rate of decline in Christmas sales...
- Green considers his next move for M&S. // Cabinet Maker;6/11/2004, Issue 5392, p5
Reports on the plans of Philip Green, to acquire Marks & Spencer Group PLC in Great Britain. Stand of Green whether the company is still a good business to bid for; Battle for the control of M&S with Green questioning the retail skills of Rose; Revelation of Green for his family to invest 1...
- Marks & Spencer suitor withdraws. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/11/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 29, p14
Reports on businessman Philip Green's withdrawal from a takeover bid for Great Britain-based retailer Marks & Spencer PLC. Retailer's press scrutiny of stock purchases in the company by Green's wife Cristina; Allegations of attempts to discredit Green; Company's confidence in its turnaround...
- Sir Philip Green is taking [...]. // Evening Standard;11/14/2013, p8
Sir Philip Green is taking on the might of Marks & Spencer's food halls as the billionaire said he plans on opening convenience stores in up to 150 of his BHS sites.
- GREEN VS M&s: ROUND TWO. Mills, Lauren // In-Store;Jul2004, p17
Focuses on the plan of entrepreneur Philip Green to acquire M&S in Great Britain. Amount of cash offer rejected by the board of directors of M&S; Efforts of CEO Stuart Rose to convince the board of directors to reject Green's offer; Challenges faced by Green in facing investors.
- Green Gains Momentum on Eve of M&S Talk. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/12/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 7, p2
Reports that retail tycoon Philip Green has won the support of Marks & Spencer PLC (M&S) shareholders in allowing Green's Revival Acquisitions Ltd. access to perform due diligence in anticipation of a formal bid in London, England. British institutional shareholders that have given intention to...
- M&S reshuffles as Green lies in wait. // In-Store;Jun2004, p5
Reports on Marks & Spencer Group PLC's ouster of chief executive Roger Holmes as the retail firm prepares to defend itself against a takeover bid by retail entrepreneur Philip Green. Effect of the development on the company's shares; Green's other retail holdings in Great Britain.
- Takeover war ends -- let battle begin. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;7/23/2004, Issue 5398, p8
Focuses on the increase in the shareholder value of retailer Marks & Spencer Group PLC in Great Britain. Decision of Philip Green to abandon his bid for the firm; Vow of Green to compete with the firm; Plans of Stuart Rose for the firm.