- E-retailing prediction proves eerily prescient. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;02/05/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p43
Reports the failure of the furniture electronic retailing industry in the United States. Precision of the prediction from an industry observer regarding e-retailing; Enumeration of the industry's business closures and bankruptcies; Representation of the total online furniture sales in the total...
- Tending growth at Seasonal Concepts. Ellis, Kristine // Casual Living;Jan2009, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p16
The article features furniture retailer Seasonal Concepts, purchased by Marc Acord on October 26, 2007. He and his team launched a new e-commerce site, Seasonal Home Concepts, in September 2008. Acord's buying strategy changed but he stayed with the same manufacturers consumers have come to...
- Convenience shopping. Knight // Cabinet Maker;09/03/99, Issue 5153, p18
Focuses on the retail of furniture on Web sites or online stores in the United States. Impact of electronic commerce on furniture retail; Household products offered by EZshop.com; Types of retailers doing business electronically; Advantages of online retail stores.
- Fast track for Asian website. // Cabinet Maker;03/09/2001, Issue 5228, p5
Features asiafurniturehub.com, an electronic commerce Web site for furniture retailing in Asia. Services offered to retailers; Furniture manufacturers planning to launch the site; Financiers of the industry project.
- Attitude change needed for online success. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;04/21/2000, Issue 5184, p1
Encourages traditional furniture retailers to abandon misconceptions about electronic commerce if they want to succeed. Common belief of most traditional retailers that shoppers will not buy inline without seeing a product in-store and that online retailers cannot deliver the same service as...
- Furniture benefits from cyber 'shelf-space' // DSN Retailing Today;4/7/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p24
Reports on major U.S. discounters' offering of expanded furniture assortment online. Selections from Target, Kmart and Wal-Mart; Price range.
- Clicks and mortar will give you the edge. Smith, Stephen // Cabinet Maker;2/18/2011, Issue 5725, p28
The author discusses the benefits of establishing physical and online presence in furniture retail operations. He states that balancing both will give one an edge over the competition, and offering excellent service is part of the competitive advantage which will result to continuous business...
- FurnitureFan, Impact offer retailers Interenet strategic services. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;4/3/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p18
The article reports on the collaboration between Internet marketing company FurnitureFan and Impact Retail Performance to offer retailers a broader array of Internet strategic services in Natick, Massachusetts. The alliance will combine FurnitureFan's experience with search-engine strategies and...
- Direct Furniture's online treatment. // Cabinet Maker;7/24/2009, Issue 5647, p7
The article reports on the contribution of online trading to the financial performance of Direct Furniture Store in Leeds, England. Store owner Richard Tempest has expected a four-fold return on investment after the launch of his electronic trading site run by online retail solutions firm Your...