Takeover talk for MFI
- Argos grabs the furniture crown. // Cabinet Maker;12/15/2006, Issue 5518, p4
The article reports on the leadership of Argos in the furniture retail industry in Great Britain in 2006. MFI, which has been at the top of the list since 1986, was overtaken by Argos, DFS and Ikea. Argos, a catalog retailer which sells its furniture online, has seen a growth in its market share...
- MFI plans to reduce costs. // Supply Management;12/16/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p9
Reports that furniture chain MFI has announced in 2004 that it is seeking to make savings from its non-frontline retail and group functions in Great Britain.
- MFI needs to rethink its bedroom performance. Barnes, Rachel // Marketing (00253650);4/1/2004, p13
A strategy shift away from price and toward aspirational values has contributed to a double-digit drop in furniture retailer MFI Furniture Group PLC's bedroom sales. Admissions of shortcomings in the bedroom department are rare, but last week MFI Furniture conceded that its 'outdated' bedroom...
- MFI sales dip again. // Cabinet Maker;3/26/2004, Issue 5381, p3
Reports on the poor sales performance of MFI furniture store chain in Great Britain. Percent decline in sales; Contributing factors; Comparison of sales performance with French Hygena kitchen chain.
- Why MFI needs a little distance. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;10/14/2005, Issue 5460, p9
Comments on the mutual dependence between furniture retailers MFI Furniture Group PLC and Howdens Joinery Ltd. in Great Britain. Identification of the factors contributing to the success of MFI; Indication of the comparison in the two formats of the retailers to the consumers; Assertion on the...
- Analysts reverse after sharp sales drop at MFI. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;5/28/2004, Issue 5390, p7
Reveals the sales performance of the retail furniture industry in Great Britain, current as of May 28, 2004. Sales decline of John Lewis of Hungerford; Losses of MFI Furniture; Marks & Spencer.
- MFI forecasts downgraded. // Cabinet Maker;9/16/2005, Issue 5456, p6
Presents a graph depicting the changes in stocks for retailer MFI Furniture Group PLC in Great Britain.
- Hygena Cuisines sold. // Cabinet Maker;2/17/2006, Issue 5476, p8
The article reports that MFI Furniture Group PLC has sold its French retail business Hygena Cuisines to Nobia AB in Sweden. Proceeds of the sale will be used to cut MFI's debt. Upon the news of the sale, MFI's shares rose by 18 percent. Nobia representatives asserted that the current management...
- M&C Saatchi wins Â£28m UK MFI advertising account. Nicholson, Kate // Campaign;11/10/2006, Issue 45, p2
The article reports that MFI Furniture Group PLC has appointed the advertising agency M&C Saatchi Worldwide Ltd. to handle its Â£28 million advertising account in Great Britain. The appointment signals an end of the furniture retailer's relationship with the advertising giant Publicis Groupe SA.