Smallbone flotation will fund expansion
- Cabinetmaker opening uptown. Butler, Elisabeth // Crain's New York Business;1/23/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p22
The article reports that Smallbone, a British home furnishings retailer, is setting up shop in Manhattan, New York, to sell custom-made cabinets. Owner Charles Smallbone has signed a five-year lease for a two-story, 3,800-square-foot store. Smallbone designs cabinets for kitchens, libraries,...
- WALL STREET WATCH. // Home Textiles Today;03/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p26
Reports on the stock performance of retailers, manufacturers and suppliers in the United States for the week ended March 2, 2000. Ames Department Stores; Jo-Ann Stores Inc.; Home Depot; Burlington Industries; Johnston Industries Inc.
- Weekly Stock Index. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/18/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 53, p47
Presents the stock performance of retailers in the United States as of September 15, 2000. Bon-Ton Stores; Ames Department Stores; Bluefly; Ann Taylor; Bernard Chaus; Burlington; Avon; Fossil.
- Mid-market kitchens being squeezed out. // Cabinet Maker;9/10/2004, Issue 5405, p6
Reports on the warning aired by Eimar Duffner, business unit manager of Poggenpohl, that retailers of middle-market kitchens face a dramatic reduction in their market as it polarizes between the luxury and discount sectors.
- Smallbone profit warning. // Cabinet Maker;11/7/2008, Issue 5613, p9
The article examines the financial performance of Smallbone for the year ending December 31, 2008 in Great Britain. The company claims that its profits for the said period has been substantially below market expectations due to tough trading environment as well as rationalization costs from the...
- The flavor of Southern France. Swengley, N.; Mortimer, J. // House Beautiful;Apr90, Vol. 132 Issue 4, p80
Visits the St. Tropez kitchen of Charles Smallbone, founder of Smallbone Kitchens. Like the other kitchens he designs, his offers a rustic look combining traditional elements with modern labor-saving equipment.
- FINANCE WATCH. // DSN Retailing Today;2/5/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p11
Provides updates related to the finances of retail trade in the United States as of February 5, 2001. Stocks bought and sold; List of the companies which have launched an initial public offering.
- Calculating Price/Sales Ratio. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Actionlists & Checklists;2007, p58
The article offers information on price/sales (P/S) ratio which measures the relative value of a stock. According to the annual sales figure, the P/S ratio is obtained by dividing the market capitalization. So a company with a capitalization of $1 billion and sales of $3 billion would have a P/S...
- WALL STREET WATCH FOR THE WEEK ENDED MAY 20, 2004. // Home Textiles Today;5/24/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p22
Reports on the performance of selected stocks in the U.S. for the week ended May 20, 2004. Cone Mills; Crown Crafts; Delta Woodside; Bed Bath & Beyond; Burlington Coat Factory; May Department Stores; Wal-Mart; Pier 1 Imports; ShopKo.