Lump Sum Beats Dollar-Cost Averaging
- Life Between the B's. // Morningstar DividendInvestor;Mar2012, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p1
The article presents the author's views on the value of high payout dividend-paying stocks. According to the author, these stocks can provide fair values if there is no bargaining and if they are not in a bubble. He further focuses on a group of high yielding stocks issued by the Real estate...
- Buying Stocks the Smart Way. // NEA Today;Apr99, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p38
Focuses on dollar-cost averaging, a strategy of getting started in stock market investing. Ways to set up systematic stock investments; How the stock service works; Most important rule about stock investing.
- Use dollar cost averaging to achieve your financial goals. Pedace Jr., Frank // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/19/96, Vol. 198 Issue 16, p25
Explains the use of dollar cost averaging to maximize stock market investment. Asset accumulation; Risk reduction; Elimination of market timing concerns.
- Analyzing Dollar Cost Averaging. Duncan, David R.; Litwiller, Bonnie H. // Ohio Journal of School Mathematics;Autumn2008, Issue 58, p43
The article presents an analysis of dollar cost averaging. It mentions that teachers of mathematics are always searching for situations in which students can apply mathematical processes in meaningful real-life settings. An example on how dollar cost averaging can be used in the purchase of...
- Returns from equities and gilts. // Accountancy;Mar1994, Vol. 113 Issue 1207, p63
The article reports that over the 75 years to the end of 1993, the real inflation adjusted return from equities in Great Britain was 7.9% a year, compared with 2% a year from gilts and a 1.4% a year from treasury bills. Key issues discussed in the article include the over-valuation of equities...
- Dollar-Cost Averaging: The Trade-Off Between Risk and Return. Cho, David D.; Kuvvet, Emre // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2015, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p52
The article discusses the method of dollar-cost averaging (DCA) used in investing, as well as the trade-off between risk and return on investment. It describes investment portfolios in terms of standard deviation and expected return using a mean-variance analysis and compares the suitability of...
- The Dividend Elite. Christy, John H. // Forbes Global;11/15/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p60
Focuses on the dividend payments of selected companies. Advice from Thomas Cameron, former chairman of the Philadelphia Stock Exchange, about buying stocks; Percentage of total return on stocks accounted to dividends; Payout ration of Standard & Poor's 500 Index; List of companies that have...
- DAY OF THE MONTH EFFECT IN EMERGING MARKETS. Güler, Sevinç; Çimen, Ayşegül // Journal of Yasar University;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 33, p5636
The aim of this study is to test the existence of day of the month effect at Istanbul, Bovespa, Merval, Shanghai and Sensex stock markets whether investors have chance to benefit from these abnormal returns. In the study, emerging markets from Asia-Pacific and America are chosen and results are...
- ECONOMETER. // Crain's New York Business;3/23/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p2
Statistics are presented on the average rate for a 30-year fixed mortgage in New York City, the yield on 10-year Treasury notes and the weekly change in stock indexes.