The Death of Indexing
- BI Stock Index. // Business Insurance;8/30/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 35, p19
This article presents up-to-the-minute data for all 87 companies that comprise the BI Stock Index. It can be found at www.businessinsurance.com. It also presents percentage change of BI Stock index vs. key indicators BI Stock Index.
- If You Like to Bet Big, Here Come Hot-Rod Index Funds. Creswell, Julie // Fortune;9/7/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 5, p182
Focuses on three United States index-fund families known as hot-rod funds. The funds' use of futures and options to track or to move inversely to indexes like the Standard & Poor's 500 stock index; Their advantages and drawbacks; Details of Rydex Series Trust Funds; Potomac Funds and ProFunds.
- Bang on Track. Alvares, Clifford // Business Today;2/10/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p142
The article offers information on the significance of index funds as an investment avenue. It reports that index funds allow to buy the market at its current levels by being low priced and through tracking the broad diversity of the stocks and sectors in the index. It cites that most of the...
- Does Indexing Still Work? Quinn, Jane Bryant; Ehrenfeld, Temma // Newsweek;9/1/2003, Vol. 142 Issue 9, p39
Index mutual funds behave no better, but no worse, than any other mutual fund when the market falls. "Managed funds" are run by stock pickers who make bets on which stocks will do the best. But "index funds" run on autopilot, tracking the rise and fall of a particular market index. If index...
- STOCK REPORT. // Waste News;10/27/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p22
Several charts are presented that depict various economic indicators in the U.S., including the stock index, the Calvert social index fund and the Dow Jones industrial average.
- Comments and Discussion. Greenspan, Alan; Shiskin, Julius; Early, John // Brookings Papers on Economic Activity;1973, Issue 2, p376
Presents comments and discussion on an article by Saul Hymans on composite leading indicators. Discussion of various parts of the paper; Criticism.
- HIGHLIGHTS REEL. // Crain's New York Business;6/25/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p4
Several charts are presented that list of company in New York Index for December 22, 2006 to June 22, 2007, including on the weekly index, gaining companies, and losing companies.
- JSE share prices. // Finance Week;7/12/2004, p61
Presents a chart depicting stock price index of various JSE Stock Market-listed companies from various sectors in South Africa as of July 14, 2005.
- STATISTICS. // Finance Week;9/20/2004, p62
Presents charts and tables on stock exchange indexes and economic indicators of South Africa as of September 2004. Comments of Gillian Counihan on the state of the economy; Economic indicators of the country; Trade and reserves of the country.