The Death of Indexing
- BI Stock Index. // Business Insurance;8/30/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 35, p19
This article presents up-to-the-minute data for all 87 companies that comprise the BI Stock Index. It can be found at www.businessinsurance.com. It also presents percentage change of BI Stock index vs. key indicators BI Stock Index.
- If You Like to Bet Big, Here Come Hot-Rod Index Funds. Creswell, Julie // Fortune;9/7/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 5, p182
Focuses on three United States index-fund families known as hot-rod funds. The funds' use of futures and options to track or to move inversely to indexes like the Standard & Poor's 500 stock index; Their advantages and drawbacks; Details of Rydex Series Trust Funds; Potomac Funds and ProFunds.
- Does Indexing Still Work? Quinn, Jane Bryant; Ehrenfeld, Temma // Newsweek;9/1/2003, Vol. 142 Issue 9, p39
Index mutual funds behave no better, but no worse, than any other mutual fund when the market falls. "Managed funds" are run by stock pickers who make bets on which stocks will do the best. But "index funds" run on autopilot, tracking the rise and fall of a particular market index. If index...
- Bang on Track. Alvares, Clifford // Business Today;2/10/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p142
The article offers information on the significance of index funds as an investment avenue. It reports that index funds allow to buy the market at its current levels by being low priced and through tracking the broad diversity of the stocks and sectors in the index. It cites that most of the...
- STOCK REPORT. // Waste News;10/27/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p22
Several charts are presented that depict various economic indicators in the U.S., including the stock index, the Calvert social index fund and the Dow Jones industrial average.
- HIGHLIGHTS REEL. // Crain's New York Business;6/25/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p4
Several charts are presented that list of company in New York Index for December 22, 2006 to June 22, 2007, including on the weekly index, gaining companies, and losing companies.
- MARKET INDEXES: Russell 1000 + Russell 2000 = Russell 3000. // Pensions & Investments;8/23/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p22
The article presents information on stock price indexes of various business enterprises.
- Overall Hospital Cost Estimates in Children with Congenital Heart Disease: Analysis of the 2012 Kid's Inpatient Database. Faraoni, David; Nasr, Viviane; DiNardo, James // Pediatric Cardiology;Jan2016, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p37
This study sought to determine overall hospital cost in children with congenital heart disease (CHD) and to compare cost associated with cardiac surgical procedures, cardiac catheterizations, non-cardiac surgical procedures, and medical admissions. The 2012 Healthcare Cost and Utilization...
- UNIT TRUSTS. // Finance Week;9/20/2004, p64
Presents a table on the daily prices and returns of stocks of various stock exchange-listed companies in South Africa. Price index of Domestic-Asset Allocation companies; Price index of Domestic-Equity companies; Price index of Domestic-Fixed Interest companies.